southeast reccy climb 21march

plippy

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes mate he has a spiking pole there.

I spoke to him today about a zip line and its a no goer, he has explained to me that the forces involved are massive and he doesn't want any accidents.

I'm sure if it was somewhere else he would be first on it, but if their was a accident it wouldn't go down well with Lantra etc...

I would be very happy for you all to use our site here on March 21st. As those who came to the show last year will know, we have a couple of excellent oaks for climbers of all abilities, as well as a few other interesting trees and a very splintery pole for spiking. I have no problem at all with novices joining in - we all have to start somewhere, and what better place than in the company of more experienced enthusiasts.

I will not in any sense 'police' the event, but this is a training establishment where we obviously use 'best pratice', and all I ask is that our visitors respect this - ie. suitable helmets, loler compliant kit, and sensible behaviour (eg no free climbing!).

As Justin has mentioned I would rather that the zip-line idea was experimented on somewhere other than here - the tension applied to a zip-line by a 100kg load is extremely high, which is why steel cables are used. I do not want to be seen as a party-pooper, but I am keen to retain my accident book in its unused state!

I look forward to meeting you all on Sunday week.

Rich.

I would be very happy for you all to use our site here on March 21st. As those who came to the show last year will know, we have a couple of excellent oaks for climbers of all abilities, as well as a few other interesting trees and a very splintery pole for spiking. I have no problem at all with novices joining in - we all have to start somewhere, and what better place than in the company of more experienced enthusiasts.

I will not in any sense 'police' the event, but this is a training establishment where we obviously use 'best pratice', and all I ask is that our visitors respect this - ie. suitable helmets, loler compliant kit, and sensible behaviour (eg no free climbing!).

As Justin has mentioned I would rather that the zip-line idea was experimented on somewhere other than here - the tension applied to a zip-line by a 100kg load is extremely high, which is why steel cables are used. I do not want to be seen as a party-pooper, but I am keen to retain my accident book in its unused state!

I look forward to meeting you all on Sunday week.

Rich.

hi rich,

these are your guidelines for the Health & Safety of everybody on site and we all respect that this is your neck on the block and we all appreciate you allowing us to use your site, everybody will be on their best behaviour or heads will roll:thumbup1:

again we all appreciate you giving up your sunday and time for us to have a climb, many thanks:thumbup:

got a new lid coming from TFM

Stihl Vent Tree Care Helmet

but they don't have it in stock and seem to be a bit slow. If they don't get their act together by weds/thurs I will cancel my order in the hope that Justin from FR Jones can bring something similar down for my to buy off him on sunday? Here's hoping :o

Cancel your order mate. I'm more than certain Justin will be able sort you out.

I'll bring a spare climbers lid just in case anyone needs it:thumbup1:

Cancel your order mate. I'm more than certain Justin will be able sort you out.

I'll bring a spare climbers lid just in case anyone needs it:thumbup1:

Cheers Mick. Im burrowing a mates at the mo but he needs it over the weekend.

I will give them til thursday on the basis that they did tell me straight away that it was not in stock and I said I would give them til thursday. Dont want to be too much of a dick to them when they have been good to me! Looking forward to sunday!!

Yeah they look nice.. but expensive and i quite like the idea of the holes in the petzl vent. my head gets hot quite easily! we will see what happens with these people. If it all goes to pot I can do as you say and burrow try and buy!