work positioning

treewizard

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice really like that good thinking there batman!

Unfortunately its not my idea but thanks:biggrin:

Hey Hama yeah its a petzl swivel. The jury's still out on it at the moment. Some days i love it and then others it just gets you in a muckin fuddle. Worth a try though:001_cool:

Unfortunately its not my idea but thanks:biggrin:

Hey Hama yeah its a petzl swivel. The jury's still out on it at the moment. Some days i love it and then others it just gets you in a muckin fuddle. Worth a try though:001_cool:

I quiet like the idea of using it in a light rigging scenario, where a wide crown requires a flexible situation. never thought about other uses:thumbup1:

I quiet like the idea of using it in a light rigging scenario, where a wide crown requires a flexible situation. never thought about other uses:thumbup1:

They do two sizes mate. The one ive got is the small one and works really well on the bridge of your harness.......most times!! haha. The larger one would be better for rigging scenarios.

Just addressing the other end of things.

I long ago got fed up with the knot (usually a fishermans) holding my snaphook on (prefer to carabiner) getting stuck in forks and having to go get it.

To this end, I learned to splice (from samson website or other) and spliced my strop to my snaphook. My snaphook is sort of teardrop shaped, so combined with the splice, its guaranteed never to get stuck.

Any one else have any thoughts, on this end of all your very advanced and stylish strop mechanisms? (like the bag idea)

Will post a picture when I replace my lost camera, as I don't like the new snaphooks on the market and can't find one like mine, to rig up as a spare.

Edited by Albedo

I dont know why you all have so much problems with the tails of your WPL, for a start it only needs to be as long as 3mtrs for 99.99% of what we do and most of that time half that so just daisy chain upo the tail half and be free!

You dont need a stopper knot on a second anchor in reality, cos your never going to be dropping down on the full length?

Stopper knots are fine till your in connie hedges!

I usualy tuck the loose end through my back belt loops to and fro till the loose is secured then there is no problems.

They do two sizes mate. The one ive got is the small one and works really well on the bridge of your harness.......most times!! haha. The larger one would be better for rigging scenarios.

I did have one of the Petzl Gold/Black swivels threaded through the webbing attachment of my Komet Dragonfly. It worked ok as this kept the attachment point for your friction hitches quite low.

(I tried attaching it to my Petzl Navaho using a small maillon, but this was to high for efficient footlocking etc)

The major problem I found was that I wanted to attach 2 Karabiners, for 2 different attachment points, and the top loop of the swivel wasn't large enough to accept them easily. Again, attaching a Maillon made things too high.

SO HERE'S THE QUESTION :confused1: are the larger swivels good for a main attachment point if vou want to plap two Krabs through it?:confused1:

cheers

I did have one of the Petzl Gold/Black swivels threaded through the webbing attachment of my Komet Dragonfly. It worked ok as this kept the attachment point for your friction hitches quite low.

(I tried attaching it to my Petzl Navaho using a small maillon, but this was to high for efficient footlocking etc)

The major problem I found was that I wanted to attach 2 Karabiners, for 2 different attachment points, and the top loop of the swivel wasn't large enough to accept them easily. Again, attaching a Maillon made things too high.

SO HERE'S THE QUESTION :confused1: are the larger swivels good for a main attachment point if vou want to plap two Krabs through it?:confused1:

cheers

Id say you could easily put two krabs through the large swivel. I personally think the large swivel would be a bit to big for a bridge. Ive never tried this though so could be worth a go?