ms240 south cheshire

slippery

bastards!

I parked behind my van at Sainsbury's in Nantwich and they pierced the door with a screwdriver and hammer, damaging the lock. Luckily, all my power tools are usually kept in the side door that is partitioned off from the back, but i had put my chainsaw in the back as i was doing a roof this week.

i rang the insurance and they need to take the van away for repairs, which is a total pain in the arse as the van is a mobile toolchest with everything from drill bits to breakers, and it will up my 7 years no claims as they can't claim from someone else (cheers then)!

worst of all, i need the chainsaw, not like you guys, but i need it to keep my huge woodburner going, about a couple of hours a week, have to go back to the shitty little husky now, and don't expect to get anything from the insurers for that!

only special markings were the chaingaurd had a cut made by the saw across it diagonally, if you see it, give me a ring on 07811613562 and i'll be sure to get you an ice cream

Edited by John Shutler

so the insurance company just rang back to tell me they want £450 excess! after much swearing i said "are they going to replace my chainsaw for that?"

"no, thats a different claim, you will have excess to pay on that and you are only covered for £100 loss of personal effects"

i thought i,d already been robbed, turns out they were only greasing my ring for the insurers to get stuck in

fully comp means what now?

stay away from gladiator and mma insurance, you would be better without and pay the fines

well, i decided to tell the insurance company to stick it, but not before telling them what i thought of them, and fixed the lock in two hours at a cost of nowt:001_tongue:

i'm not going to even ask about the replacement for the ms240, looks like they will charge me an excess of £250 to give me a voucher of £100 to spend in an approved shop.

well, its back to the little husky for now, if anybodies selling one, i'm interested, although i better check fundage now:crying::crying:

the police were great as well, i said "don't you want a make, model and description of the chainsaw?

"no, thats enough to be going on with"

well, i suppose it's just more writing

cheers for the support guys:thumbup: