Starting Up

phatty

So....

I have been working for a guy who owns a 45 acre woodland. We have done much felling and as result, we are going to chop it up and sell it. There is alot so we need a machine.

The dilemma is that we have only £4,000. So should we go for big powerful splitter or second hand processor? Basically, I need advice on how to best spend this money.

Thanks in advance for any replies, Phatty

:confused1:

Bear in mind that to go through a processor it needs to be within a certain size range.

Because most of the stuff we get goes from about 4" to about 30" we are having a splitter built and will carry on cutting large stuff with chainsaw and smaller stuff through sawbench.

FYI the splitter will have a diesel engine, is horizontal and will only cost us about £1200! You could do an awful lot with the remaining £2800!

which splitter are talking of for £1200? I know this is an ubiquitous question on this forum.... The old "which splitter" so I apologise to those about to reach for the expletive deletive buttons, in advance.

Lovely and sunny today tho'

Phatty.

Processors are alot quicker than splitters but you are restricted to what you can do, for processors it needs to be reasonably straight and obviously be able to fit into your machine, Splitters will do anything, I would say if the wood youve got is straight(ish) ideally Coppice re-growth then Processor is the one for you.