Managing woodfuel and wildlife (RSPB training)

4 Dates around the UK

20th May East Sussex

27th May Surrey/Hampshire

10th June Highnam, Gloustershire

17th June, Derbyshire

On this course, you will explore the various woodland management operations that provide woodfuel, how they can help the conservation of priority wildlife, and how to ensure sustainable harvesting to avoid adverse impacts on wildlife. It will also review the main grants for managing woods for woodfuel and wildlife

Each day is relevant to all who work with woods that have a broadleaved and/or mixed component, either as managers advisors

The cost is £75+vat

yep i will probably attend as long as it doesnt clash with anything else as the week before im flat out (cereals, weddings etc), and i guess we will be on with hay making by then, hopefully it will be worth it for an update on where grant funding is at.

The conservation management advise section that rspb write in biritsh wildlife is very good and its being run by the same people, So it should be a good day.

me i do allsorts,

my main background in nature conservation, but i come from a farming family, and my in-laws farm as well, so i help out doing the hay making and the tractor work, and hedge restoration in winter. I work with/for some of the local wildlife trusts on projects as diverse as river restoration, large woody debris work, and some woodland bits. I also advise on several small private woods and write woodland management plans, which is something im getting more into to help get woodlands into better management, whilst actually providing a viable income stream for the owners

so basically anything to keep my interested, i did have an office job with a boss once! (didnt rate that much)

• 3 months later...