Planning application with 5 year old tree survey

Whilst I don't know the developer and all the guff that goes with it.

I know enough about locals, lies, councillor and the bs that goes with it, you'll probably find it's some A hole that's spread rumours that's become a spiral of Chinese whispers.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

for statutary designations you are better off searching on maps at

MAGIC.DEFRA.GOV.UK

The MAGIC website provides authoritative geographic information about the natural environment from across...

magic

Thanks, it shows as green with woodland but can't find any statutory designations as such. Is there a particular menu option in the left I need to check. It comes under a Natural England Nature Improvement Area and a Forestry Project it seems.

40 minutes ago, richyrich said:

Maybe the tree officer is mates with the developer. Put your concerns in planning objections. Contact your chief planning officer and district councillor (s). You have to create a lot of noise...

Sounds a bit 'corrupt'...

Thanks, my thoughts exactly. Lots of stuff in objections gets ignored and overlooked. I called the tree officer and the landowner had literally just called before me and shouted at him apparently. We have around 80 or so objections so far to it. Our ward councillors are all opposed to it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GarethM said:

Whilst I don't know the developer and all the guff that goes with it.

I know enough about locals, lies, councillor and the bs that goes with it, you'll probably find it's some A hole that's spread rumours that's become a spiral of Chinese whispers.

Wouldn't be surprised. Some people are really irate that we were misled about the whole thing being told the land would be safe and we would be liable for loads of things if we were to buy it ourselves.

8 minutes ago, ArthurJob said:

Thanks, it shows as green with woodland but can't find any statutory designations as such. Is there a particular menu option in the left I need to check. It comes under a Natural England Nature Improvement Area and a Forestry Project it seems.

look on the tab with statutory designations, check for registered common land, village green , CROW access land or section 15 land, these are the ones that define public access. Section 15 land will not be enforced over most of England.

• Thanks 1

Shall we say I've experience of the system and the costs, it adds even to small rebuild projects.

80 objections will result in a committee meeting, unless they have a base the developer will make sure you lose every mm of land that's his.

Plus your average planning application including surveys etc is about 5k before we even get onto building control side of things.

Edited by GarethM

49 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

look on the tab with statutory designations, check for registered common land, village green , CROW access land or section 15 land, these are the ones that define public access. Section 15 land will not be enforced over most of England.

Thanks, will check again. It is a designated Site of Local Interest for Nature Conservation in local plans as well as the TPO. Not a statutory designation as such though, we tried for Local Green Space but the council turned it down. We did consider village green.

48 minutes ago, GarethM said:

Shall we say I've experience of the system and the costs, it adds even to small rebuild projects.

80 objections will result in a committee meeting, unless they have a base the developer will make sure you lose every mm of land that's his.

Plus your average planning application including surveys etc is about 5k before we even get onto building control side of things.

Thanks yes, he's already had big machines in to do investigatory drilling. It is known the land is subject to subsidence issues and difficult to build on. The last application went to Committee with recommendation to approve with lots of conditions. It was £16k paid for about 4 hectares of land, 4 compartments. Two are mature woodland, one is an open space area and another is an area considered unsafe to build on due to instability that was planted with trees in 2000.

Well, simple solution is for the 80 complainers to stump up some cash and buy it as a community, 50k might change his mind for zero work with a sizable penalty clause.

If this land is sold or developed it's 50% of the uplift value for a period of 25 years 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GarethM said:

Well, simple solution is for the 80 complainers to stump up some cash and buy it as a community, 50k might change his mind for zero work with a sizable penalty clause.

If this land is sold or developed it's 50% of the uplift value for a period of 25 years 

Thanks, yes that would be great if he would be willing to do that. Even the council and local MP have struggled to communicate with him. A number of residents have been unable to aside from one or two that bought tiny bits of land from him to extend driveways etc at more than the £16k he paid. He is 100% money driven, we're confident he's selling the plots on to builders.

The Planning Inspector on appeal stated there was a lack of compensatory and mitigatory measures for the loss of habitat and conservation area which he is trying to resolve by making "improvements" on the rest of the land but believe that needs to be for 30 years at least as well. The Planning application is for 3 detached houses.