Question for the Landy boys

felixthelogchopper

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:dito: what you want a disco for anyway, defender all the way! :biggrin::001_tongue:

I'm basically looking for a cheap 1st 4x4, and there seems to be a lot of discos about. The only defender I have driven is the work pick up and I struggle to get my legs under the wheel ( 6ft 5 :blushing:) as well as needing to stick my elbow out of the window when I'm steering. There seems to be a lot more travel in the seat in a Discovery.

I'm basically looking for a cheap 1st 4x4, and there seems to be a lot of discos about. The only defender I have driven is the work pick up and I struggle to get my legs under the wheel ( 6ft 5 :blushing:) as well as needing to stick my elbow out of the window when I'm steering. There seems to be a lot more travel in the seat in a Discovery.

I know what you mean about them being abit cramped mate, in 6ft 5 to and mine was abit of a squeeze. Just watch for rust on the old disocs...

I've been asking the same question on a Landy forum and they say the same, so I won't be buying it. Thanks for all your help guys, very much appreciated. If anyone knows of a decent one going in Essex or nearby for around £1500 to £2000, please let me know and rescue me from going boss-eyed scouring Autotrader and Ebay :thumbup1:

If its on a M plate it could be a 200 tdi, just. Did they have chains?

my first 90 i bought was 2.5 n/a which a litle sluggish to say the least so i had it converted to a 200 tdi from a disc and that had a chain in it ,this is going back round ten years so to be honest i cant really remember to much about it as i was just getting in to them , but it definatly came from a disco , it was definatly a 200 and definatly was zuess ! :thumbup1:

imho if that 300 has a chain then ive been driving a toyota all my life !:confused1:lol

this is where someone proves me wrong now ! ha

I've been asking the same question on a Landy forum and they say the same, so I won't be buying it. Thanks for all your help guys, very much appreciated. If anyone knows of a decent one going in Essex or nearby for around £1500 to £2000, please let me know and rescue me from going boss-eyed scouring Autotrader and Ebay :thumbup1:

theres so many out there its too easy to be drawn in on the first few you see ! weve all done it and then a week later for some stupid reason you still find the need to look on ebay and BAM you suddenly see a better one !

If you get a hard top defender you can always change the bulkhead behind the seats and put longer seat rails in so you not so cramped !