Valmet 6600 Lift Arms Not Moving - Any Ideas?

Hello all, haven't been on here in ages. Took my forwarding trailer off my 6600 this eve to put the pto winch on, weirdly, the lift arms won't go up or down. Everything else seems fine, any ideas? Sure I've knocked a switch, or something simple as it was fine last time I had the winch on. Rendered my whole operation useless! Any ideas much appreciated Cheers, Nat.

Have you got the little orange light next to the P symbol on the RH knob closest to the back window.

Mine linkage stopped working when that light was off. It took ages to work that one out, a lot of head scratching from the mechanic.

Do they work from the rear mudguard controls ?.

Not used a Valtra, but have dropped something off using the rear controls and needed to cycle them to clear the electronic gremlins on McCormick.

3 minutes ago, slack ma girdle said:

Have you got the little orange light next to the P symbol on the RH knob closest to the back window.

Mine linkage stopped working when that light was off. It took ages to work that one out, a lot of head scratching from the mechanic.

No I don't think I have, I have never noticed an orange light before but I can't see one now. I can't get the arms up or down & normally when you push the button you can hear the pump or the engine sort of change you know, you just know it's working, but not now. & the release lever in the rear of the floor isn't doing anything. How did you fix yours, please tell me it's a fuse!

1 minute ago, GarethM said:

Do they work from the rear mudguard controls ?.

Not used a Valtra, but have dropped something off using the rear controls and needed to cycle them to clear the electronic gremlins on McCormick.

No mine doesn't have the rear fender type switches, just the in the cab ones.

4 minutes ago, northumbriaforestry said:

No I don't think I have, I have never noticed an orange light before but I can't see one now. I can't get the arms up or down & normally when you push the button you can hear the pump or the engine sort of change you know, you just know it's working, but not now. & the release lever in the rear of the floor isn't doing anything. How did you fix yours, please tell me it's a fuse!

It needed a new electric wire to complete the circuit .

I am not sure what went wrong, as I went off to finish a tree survey, and left  the mechanic to it.

Post a picture with the ignition on of the 3 knobs near the back window .

1 minute ago, slack ma girdle said:

It needed a new electric wire to complete the circuit .

I am not sure what went wrong, as I went off to finish a tree survey, and left  the mechanic to it.

Post a picture with the ignition on of the 3 knobs near the back window .

image.thumb.jpeg.ddde7e7dc653939dbe068372529c8134.jpeg

2 minutes ago, northumbriaforestry said:

I have fiddled with all the knobs and tried the arms with the knobs in different positions but still nothing, defo not seen an orange light though, never have.

4 minutes ago, northumbriaforestry said:

6 minutes ago, northumbriaforestry said:

When the arms On mine stopped working there was no orange light (under the red blob).

I have no understanding of electronics,  hence why i called in a mechanic.

Have you checked the fuses under the steering wheel?

20240103_201850.jpg

1 minute ago, slack ma girdle said:

When the arms On mine stopped working there was no orange light (under the red blob).

I have no understanding of electronics,  hence why i called in a mechanic.

Have you checked the fuses under the steering wheel?

20240103_201850.jpg

I have checked some but with this info from you I may have a better idea of what I'm looking for. I'll go search for one that has something to do with that. Thank you very much.