MS291 off the shelf

jbanda

2 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Would be interesting to know your reasoning for opening up a perfectly good running saw that's within warranty for what appears to be no good reason. If there was something the wrong with it then you'd have thought you'd have taken it back to the Dealer to fix under warranty, not invalidate the warranty to strip it down your self. 

I have to agree, somethings not adding up here at all. Your caginess and defensiveness certainly does not help. 

The saw was not running too well, that's why I looked at it. There is no ambiguity. I asked for advice to inform myself BEFORE I go back. That's fairly plain in my post. 

Just now, jbanda said:

The saw was not running too well, that's why I looked at it. There is no ambiguity. I asked for advice to inform myself BEFORE I go back. That's fairly plain in my post. 

If its not running too well you take it back to the Dealer whilst its under warranty. Or you tune it correctly, you dont just strip a near on brand new saw down and invalidate your warranty and give the Dealer a justifiable reason to doubt your story. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

If you've opened that Saw whatever warranty you had is gone. How does the Dealer not know you do not have any honesty and are false representing by changing out the pot and piston your self? You've not given a reason to have opened the saw in the first place so why should or would they believe you? 

The only thing can think is you're too embarrassed to admit you ran it on straight fuel, or ran it lean and melted the piston to the pot, you knew this was your own fault and knew the warranty would not cover it so you went in to change them out yourself and have now noticed that the sized supposedly to not match you you believe they should do. But having done this you have no way to prove your case. 

Its all very odd. 

There is a 44.7 Cylinder in it , there should be a 47mm cylinder in it. Does that not bother you that a dealer or Stihl might do that??? 

1 minute ago, trigger_andy said:

If its not running too well you take it back to the Dealer whilst its under warranty. Or you tune it correctly, you dont just strip a near on brand new saw down and invalidate your warranty and give the Dealer a justifiable reason to doubt your story. 

Again, not an answer to the question I asked in the op, just pull yourself together, stop the inquisition and either understand what I posted or don't be wasting my time. 

9 minutes ago, jbanda said:

No you were not polite, if you could not reply to my op then there's no point in slagging it off. If you are 20 years in arb and you never stripped a saw, it's unlikely you would have any practical advice to give anyway, and you say you have no time for a back and forward response, no problem that's great , just a shame you jumped in with a non answer at all.

Look bud, I was polite, now go back to your safe space and have a cry over my non existent micro agressions with your NOW out of warranty saw doorstop.

I've rebuilt plenty of stuff, never before it's even had time to dry the warranty sticker adhesive.

• Haha 1

Just now, jbanda said:

There is a 44.7 Cylinder in it , there should be a 47mm cylinder in it. Does that not bother you that a dealer or Stihl might do that??? 

Perhaps, but having done what you've done leaves you with zero recourse. You've left no avenue to return to the Dealer to fight your case nor have you got a legal leg to stand on really. 

Your complete reluctance to say why you felt the need to do what you did speaks far more volumes than your ability to measure correctly. 

8 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

If you've opened that Saw whatever warranty you had is gone. How does the Dealer not know you do not have any honesty and are false representing by changing out the pot and piston your self? You've not given a reason to have opened the saw in the first place so why should or would they believe you? 

The only thing can think is you're too embarrassed to admit you ran it on straight fuel, or ran it lean and melted the piston to the pot, you knew this was your own fault and knew the warranty would not cover it so you went in to change them out yourself and have now noticed that the sized supposedly to not match you you believe they should do. But having done this you have no way to prove your case. 

Its all very odd. 

BTW , I have a great relationship with the dealer, I have an account since they opened many years ago. I posted on here because I wanted to ask if anybody had ever experienced such a thing or heard of such a thing BEFORE I go back to them and make an accusation. 

Just now, jbanda said:

BTW , I have a great relationship with the dealer, I have an account since they opened many years ago. I posted on here because I wanted to ask if anybody had ever experienced such a thing or heard of such a thing BEFORE I go back to them and make an accusation. 

Before they laugh you out the door and ask you never to return? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GarethM said:

Look bud, I was polite, now go back to your safe space and have a cry over my non existent micro agressions with your NOW out of warranty saw doorstop.

I've rebuilt plenty of stuff, never before it's even had time to dry the warranty sticker adhesive.

You said you never opened a saw in 20 years , along with chucking some unnecessary non advice. You sound like a nine to five ropes and tackle wave at the pedestrians from a 10' shrub kinda arb. Abusing when they don't wave back, sorry I'm one of those, no time for posers. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Before they laugh you out the door and ask you never to return? 

Day 2 , the usual forum gobshites appear, same on any other forum, they jump in with the urbane, inane , vacuous pointless non-answers.

Stop trying to amuse the readers and yourself. 

I'll have my meeting with the dealer and I guarantee you one thing ...... the reason will be found, which may be as much in their interest to know as for me to know....

• Haha 2