MS291 off the shelf

jbanda

6 hours ago, GarethM said:

This story fails my sniff test.

1. You buy from a small dealer, who miraculously has a MS291 on the shelf.

2. You then take the saw apart, never in 20 years have I taken the head off any saw!.

3. You then take it repair elsewhere.

4. Do the details on the saw match your receipt and what year of manufacture.

Your suspicious little sniffer must be blocked, and your eyes ? Well.

Who said a small dealer?? Not me.

They are big enough to have approx 20 saws on display. 

Some months later I stripped the saw. 

I have not taken it anywhere else and I did not say I did.

The serial number on my saw match the serial number on the receipt they gave me.

I have ten years on you bud, so maybe next time READ the post properly.

Thank you for your non-advice which I simply asked for and I got from to civil and reasonable members. 

Edited by jbanda
Spelling
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, peatff said:

Is it out of warranty and are you classed as a domestic user, what was your reason for stripping it ?

I asked whether or not anybody had experienced etc anything similar or if it was possible that the saw would make it to me without interference along the way.

6 hours ago, peatff said:

Is it out of warranty and are you classed as a domestic user, what was your reason for stripping it ?

It's in warranty. Did you read the post, I want to inform myself BEFORE I go back, warranty is irrelevant if it came with the wrong size piston and cylinder. 

I was pretty polite, I'm sure my nose isn't the only one twitching reading your posts and getting a distinct smell of oxon.

I still call BS on your story and I'm not going to have a pissing contest with someone who doesn't have the common sense to take back a recent purchase.

To use the word bully, are you five ?.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jbanda said:

I asked whether or not anybody had experienced etc anything similar or if it was possible that the saw would make it to me without interference along the way.

Would be interesting to know your reasoning for opening up a perfectly good running saw that's within warranty for what appears to be no good reason. If there was something the wrong with it then you'd have thought you'd have taken it back to the Dealer to fix under warranty, not invalidate the warranty to strip it down your self. 

I have to agree, somethings not adding up here at all. Your caginess and defensiveness certainly does not help. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GarethM said:

I was pretty polite, I'm sure my nose isn't the only one twitching reading your posts and getting a distinct smell of oxon.

I still call BS on your story and I'm not going to have a pissing contest with someone who doesn't have the common sense to take back a recent purchase.

To use the word bully, are you five ?.

No you were not polite, if you could not reply to my op then there's no point in slagging it off. If you are 20 years in arb and you never stripped a saw, it's unlikely you would have any practical advice to give anyway, and you say you have no time for a back and forward response, no problem that's great , just a shame you jumped in with a non answer at all. 

11 minutes ago, jbanda said:

It's not a question of warranty, it's a question of honesty and false representation. 

If you've opened that Saw whatever warranty you had is gone. How does the Dealer not know you do not have any honesty and are false representing by changing out the pot and piston your self? You've not given a reason to have opened the saw in the first place so why should or would they believe you? 

The only thing can think is you're too embarrassed to admit you ran it on straight fuel, or ran it lean and melted the piston to the pot, you knew this was your own fault and knew the warranty would not cover it so you went in to change them out yourself and have now noticed that the sized supposedly to not match you you believe they should do. But having done this you have no way to prove your case. 

Its all very odd. 

Edited by trigger_andy