Fishing

eggsarascal

There is some cheap gear out there today that is far better than what i had when I started in the late 70s, the choice today is far greater than the hand full of manufactures we had for rids n reels, northwestern and conoflex blanks to build in to rods ourselves and reels it was either Mitchell or ABU,  TBH I have been looking on market place and there is some cheap but decent gear on there and its same with shooting stuff, people go once or twice with a mate  and then spend a small fortune on a full set up then it piss,s down next 3 trips and that is the end of there fishing shooting career, rods you want to be looking at 12ft  2.5 - 3lb TC reels there us so many today like shimanno Abu etc FB market place you will find something nit to far from yourself at good money,, 

3 hours ago, spuddog0507 said:

There is some cheap gear out there today that is far better than what i had when I started in the late 70s, the choice today is far greater than the hand full of manufactures we had for rids n reels, northwestern and conoflex blanks to build in to rods ourselves and reels it was either Mitchell or ABU,  TBH I have been looking on market place and there is some cheap but decent gear on there and its same with shooting stuff, people go once or twice with a mate  and then spend a small fortune on a full set up then it piss,s down next 3 trips and that is the end of there fishing shooting career, rods you want to be looking at 12ft  2.5 - 3lb TC reels there us so many today like shimanno Abu etc FB market place you will find something nit to far from yourself at good money,, 

Secondhand rods do seem cheap, Shimanno bait runners not so. For a basic kit £400 or under what would you get?

1 hour ago, eggsarascal said:

Secondhand rods do seem cheap, Shimanno bait runners not so. For a basic kit £400 or under what would you get?

TBH it must be 20yrs since I bought any new fishing rods and they where some shimanno hyperloop barble rods that I used for bream fishing,, my pike rods was all ways the best I could afford as I new they would get plenty of use over the years, tricast I have several and I all so have some Harrisons, a lad who fished with us a bit had some hyperloop Carp rods that where OK a bit heavey may be but your not stood with it in your hand all day ,, i would think you will get a decent set up for £400,,