Look at the size of mine

Dean Lofthouse

They are nice though . Suppose they will take less charge from your battery . We have a normal bulb beacon on the chipper . It only lasts a few days and the bulb gets shaken out . Leds would be better for this application . Wont they ?

Thats the reason I have fitted them, the orange beacon I had had two 50w bulbs in it so if I had it on for any length of time I had to have the engine running.

All three together only draw about 6 watts I think so I can leave them on for a few days without worrying about flattening the battery :biggrin:

Oh..and they are vibration proof :thumbup:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just fitted the three Securiled lights onto the roof bar so far, they're very bright, film doesn't do them justice

Very nice mate.

Are you fitting any fitting any to the back & sides of your 130 to give you a full 360 degree visibility, to comply with the law?

Martin

any idea if the LED's are wired in series or not? ie when one goes they all go?

They look to be in banks of three so would imagine if one on a bank went then the set of three would go down, but they are supposed to be professional ones, very robust

Very nice mate.

Are you fitting any fitting any to the back & sides of your 130 to give you a full 360 degree visibility, to comply with the law?

Martin

I am not going to fit any side on Martin, might fit two on the chipper but dont see any benefit for me as I always face the front into traffic, it's very rare I am in a situation where I can't.

Thats why I've gone mad at the front and am going to fit another two :001_smile:

They look to be in banks of three so would imagine if one on a bank went then the set of three would go down, but they are supposed to be professional ones, very robust

I am not going to fit any side on Martin, might fit two on the chipper but dont see any benefit for me as I always face the front into traffic, it's very rare I am in a situation where I can't.

Thats why I've gone mad at the front and am going to fit another two :001_smile:

Sounds like a plan. Might be worth sticking a couple of VigiLEDs next to the rear lights if your out without the chipper.

Thats the reason I have fitted them, the orange beacon I had had two 50w bulbs in it so if I had it on for any length of time I had to have the engine running.

All three together only draw about 6 watts I think so I can leave them on for a few days without worrying about flattening the battery :biggrin:

Oh..and they are vibration proof :thumbup:

Cheers Dean , 6 watts thats great . Just when you think your done spending . Along comes more goodies .:thumbup: