Cuttersclimbers. ??

richy_B

Went around there this morning didn't see any signs or advertising but if they are online only, it's probably best not to let everyone know where a shed full of tools is.

Talked to a couple of local guys and they don't know anything about them. Maybe just starting up after working for or being called something else.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Stargate said:

Likewise their prices appear too good to be true. Interested to hear if it’s a legitimate business.

To good to be true indeed!  Could be legit but I can't find anything on company house,  VAT, no one I have spoken to has used them before, the website isnt secure (like youd expect a shopfront to be) and they don't seem to have anything physically at that address.  More than a few alarms bells.  

Edited by richy_B

Their website doesn't have an SSL certificate so I doubt the payment handling software would actually work even if you tried to buy something.

There's an entry on Companies House (dissolved) and relevant social media pages. I'd bet on the business just being a shambles rather than a scam.

My money is on someone starting an online shop in 2017 using a cheap web developer who moved on to greener pastures. Prices probably haven't been updated since 2017 so look very enticing.

FIND-AND-UPDATE.COMPANY-INFORMATION.SERVICE.GOV.UK

CUTTERS AND CLIMBERS LTD - Free company information from Companies House including registered office address, filing history, accounts, annual return, officers, charges...
WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.
WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

Cutters & Climbers. 713 J’aime · 5 en parlent. Climbersdirect, is the first choice in climbing for all equipment . Main Dealers For; DMM, Teufelberger, Rock Exotica, Marlow, Edelrid, Wild...

£5 says if you ring them up and get through to someone, they'll whinge about how their web guy (who they were paying £1.59/hour) totally stitched them up

Edited by tenner

52 minutes ago, GarethM said:

Did you check the person on that companies house listing ?.

3677 company appointments and 80 currently active as a director!.

Most likely a company formation accountant etc.

Anyways I'm going to go with 'too good to be true' and spend me hard earnt elsewhere.