Prolems with Greenmech main dealer!

catman

what would you do?

i had an electrical problem on my chipper so i thought i would take it to a professinal chipper place as apossed to an ag fitter, this would cost twice as much per hour for labour but hopfully because of there knowledge they should complete the problem solving and part sourcing in half the time ( or so i thought)

I phoned up greenmech uk and they told me to take it to there local dealer (mr x) to cut a long story short i said fix the electrical fault, replace thorrotle cable and replace the exhaust and let me know what else needs sorting and the cost so i could give the go ahead. after alot of chasing from me and a couple of calls saying you could do with this and that i was expecting a call back after they had the part numbers and cost but no. 4 weeks after i dropped of the chipper i phoned them again to ask where my chipper was and they said it was ready.

The bill was £1600 + i should have complained more about the bits installed without first giving a price but to be honest i needed my macine back so i thought if it runs A1 then so be it. i was also hiring a machine for £100 a day!

Ran the chipper for 2 hours yesterday and its WORSE than before

1, Electrical problem still there

2, Engine wont switch off

3, diesel leak

4, top roller not not installed central so gets jammed easily

after talks on the phone he was very negative after me getting my views across he eventually agreed to pick it up on thursday (will have to hire again)

what to do now??? i want to give greenmech the oppertunity to sort this out but i don t trust the dealer at all. If i have to i will go to trading standards and get legal advise regarding my loss of earnings and to recoup hire charges

what would you do?

what would you do?

i had an electrical problem on my chipper so i thought i would take it to a professinal chipper place as apossed to an ag fitter, this would cost twice as much per hour for labour but hopfully because of there knowledge they should complete the problem solving and part sourcing in half the time ( or so i thought)

I phoned up greenmech uk and they told me to take it to there local dealer (mr x) to cut a long story short i said fix the electrical fault, replace thorrotle cable and replace the exhaust and let me know what else needs sorting and the cost so i could give the go ahead. after alot of chasing from me and a couple of calls saying you could do with this and that i was expecting a call back after they had the part numbers and cost but no. 4 weeks after i dropped of the chipper i phoned them again to ask where my chipper was and they said it was ready.

The bill was £1600 + i should have complained more about the bits installed without first giving a price but to be honest i needed my macine back so i thought if it runs A1 then so be it. i was also hiring a machine for £100 a day!

Ran the chipper for 2 hours yesterday and its WORSE than before

1, Electrical problem still there

2, Engine wont switch off

3, diesel leak

4, top roller not not installed central so gets jammed easily

after talks on the phone he was very negative after me getting my views across he eventually agreed to pick it up on thursday (will have to hire again)

what to do now??? i want to give greenmech the oppertunity to sort this out but i don t trust the dealer at all. If i have to i will go to trading standards and get legal advise regarding my loss of earnings and to recoup hire charges

what would you do?

i'd re-contact Greenmech and relay your issues, they may put pressure on the dealer to sort it out properly, they recommended them. also speak to the dealer (top person in company) try to get a hire M/C off them while the repairs are carried out (free of charge) Get greenmech to check it independently if they have a engineer in the area to confirm if all the works you have paid for have been done and to the correct standard..:thumbup:

i'd re-contact Greenmech and relay your issues, they may put pressure on the dealer to sort it out properly, they recommended them. also speak to the dealer (top person in company) try to get a hire M/C off them while the repairs are carried out (free of charge) Get greenmech to check it independently if they have a engineer in the area to confirm if all the works you have paid for have been done and to the correct standard..:thumbup:

Sound advice there, As warhammer has said, you want the cost of the hire machine paying by them as they have balls up your chipper!!

I wouldnt stop ringing and nagging and visting the place until it was all sorted properly, Thats alot of brass to shell out for a job that hasnt been done properly.

I have spoken to the people involved and the issues are being investigated and all options considered. I am away from the screen for the next days so I will be unaware of the posts on this thread or be able to answer any further.