Lucy Dalrymple RIP.

PeteB

I learnt at the weekend that Lucy passed last September after a long battle against cancer. Lucy's Dad, Michael, was an early innovator and tree surgeon from Esher who pioneered wood chippers with the Arboreator brand , my own first chipper sometime in the early 90's.  Lucy went on to run Arboreater and carried on representing the brand along with Carravgio and teamed up latterly with Richard Court Forestry Engineering to keep his paperwork in order. Lucy was always a fun competitor yet was always had a cheerful disposition and liked a laugh. I have very fond memories of her making bacon sandwiches for other exhibitors at an AA Show at Highclere and cussing out the management for trying to stop her due to the lack of Food Hygiene Certificate when she was only cooking for a few exhibitors who missed breakfast at their hotels. Richard took her to the Crematorium on a Matador painted in her fathers tree surgery colours. RIP Lucy, you are sadly missed. God speed and thanks.

• Sad 3

16 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I knew Lucy from the early in my career. As you say always cheerful, helpful and knowledgeable.

I learnt of her passing from a friend in the industry late last year.

Very sad, still young.

RIP.

So sad, she was ten years younger than I and working behind the bar at the Dukes Head in Beare Green , after college or school, when I met her. Last time I saw her was at a forestry show ~15 years ago but I was still chatting to her when buying spares for an old shredder till around 8 years ago.  Being out of the industry I had no idea she had gone till this thread.

Edited by openspaceman
got the maths wrong