200t oiling issue

stewmo

200t oiler is slightly doing my head in….

One minute oil is running down the bar when hanging off the harness, the next it’s not oiling and the chain is going dry. 

I changed out the oiler must be a few years back so don’t know if worn out and it needs changing again?

Any thoughts chainsaw wizards?

I had this issue on an echo 360TES stopped oiling after a month or so from new could not believe it was the pump gone but took back to the supplier turns out it was a blocked gauze which was really fine in the oil tank line we were always carefull filling with chain oil BTW, found it hard to think it got blocked but never had any other issues after that hope this might help

• Thanks 1

With the 200s I usually find it easier to just pop the oiler off, clean it and check fluid can flow through it, pop out the oil pickup, clean the filter and pipe, flush the tank out and reassemble.

One issue I see often is when the pickup pipe is taken out, when it is refitted, it sits on the ledge 1/2 way up the tank and isn't positioned at the bottom of the tank. This generally means that the saw will run out of oil half way through a full tank of fuel but it looks like there is plenty of oil in the tank. 

You can check for wear by pushing a WD40 nozzle up the pickup side of the pump and then squirting fluid through it. A good pump will let a small amount through but a bad one will allow loads through. A bit of a subjective test but it worked for me.

• Like 1