Arbtrak 190 - Unfortunately again, rubber clutch for hydraulic drive broken

Soeren

Hi,

almost exactly two years ago I had a breakdown of the rubber clutch between the motor and the double hydraulic pump driving the chain belts. Thanks to Jase and this forum I was able to exchange it myself. The reason for the breakup I was not able to detect. With ~750 hours runtime at this point (bought the machine 2nd hand), I suppose this just can happen at a certain time.

Just a few days ago, I had the same problem, the clutch "gave up" during a short chipping session. After examining everything I likely need to point to myself: During the last two years the pump mount seemed to have moved away from the motor roughly two centimeters (or an inch), likely due to vibrations, maybe just 1mm per month. And just now it moved away that much that the bolts on the motor side moved out enough just that the force was too much and virtually destroyed the motor side of the mikipulley system.

Although I had pulled the holding M14's to the maximum torque, this seemed not to be enough. I did not check this part regularly, which I should have, so I can now hit myself in the *ss...

Okay two pictures attached, the mikipulley just for information, I know how to replace it. However I'm a little more worried about the attachement on the motor side (see second photo): Where there are two small holes shouldn't there be two pins? It looks like they broke of when the motor clutch part just lost contact. I think I'm able to replace these parts, but are unsure what needs to be done as I don't have photos in a before state and also the spare part binder is difficult to read for this section.

Regarding the Mikipulley, these are OEM parts, right? Can you confirm, which of the centaflex model this is (see

). One side seems to be a CF-A(S0), the other one an CF-A(O0).

Last question, especially for Jase: Can you provide me something like a "regular maintenance task manual"? Still writing one for myself and just have added a new item (or as we Germans say "Learning by pain..." ,-).

Thanks,
Soeren

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-15 at 23.06.49(1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-15 at 23.06.49.jpeg

Just posting what I've got from the spare part binder, page 67. It looks like there is some kind of round plate which might hold the bolts? Although in realitity it looks slightly different: Bolts should be kind of stand out and in the spare parts binder there are 6 allen screws but I saw 2 of them and 4 hex cap screws. And the part number of this round plate is missing as well in the binder.

Soeren

plate.png

19 minutes ago, doobin said:

Are you sure the two spare holes aren't threaded, and are there to assist in separating the flange from it's mount when disassembling?

I'm not sure, but AFAI remember there were two bolts on the motor side, maybe threaded, and the motor part of the clutch system just slided on the bolts. It could be the bolts were threaded into this flange (the part that is attached with 6 screws) and my photo just shows the remaining parts of the threaded bolts. Before unmounting the flange I'd like to check this is the right way to go.

Thanks,

Soeren

Edited by Soeren
clarification

Hi Soeren ,

The part number for the rubber coupling,  engine end is : TC204921/2 

It's in stock and we can supply a pair of locating/drive pins. This is OK if you can remove the sheared pins ?

If you require the complete assembly then it comes with the green plate but is substantially more expensive .

The part number for the complete assembly is : 4007037.

Regarding the bolts holding the green plate to the engine flywheel  , from memory they were all cap head or all hex head and not normally a mix of the two but it's really not an issue. 

Jase.

23 minutes ago, Jase hutch said:

Hi Soeren ,

The part number for the rubber coupling,  engine end is : TC204921/2 

It's in stock and we can supply a pair of locating/drive pins. This is OK if you can remove the sheared pins ?

If you require the complete assembly then it comes with the green plate but is substantially more expensive .

The part number for the complete assembly is : 4007037.

Regarding the bolts holding the green plate to the engine flywheel  , from memory they were all cap head or all hex head and not normally a mix of the two but it's really not an issue. 

Jase.

Hi Jase, thanks for the quick update. I'll remove the green plate first and check if it's severly damaged or can be still used. Then I'll come through this forum to give you the order.

Thanks!

Soeren

• Like 1