Tipper body fabricator Shropshire area?

Treetom15

58 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

The king cabs really lend themselves to the best compromise for our work I feel.

So why are they so rare Mark?  I'm on my third King Cab Navara and can't imagine being without one.  As you imply they tick so many boxes they just make sense

• Like 1

Cheers @Mark Bolam, no it came as a regular pickup and they did it all. The things I noticed that were nice touches were things like rubber grommets on the pin shackles for the rear doors, keeps the rattling down! I’ve got a home made double shelf in the back for kit and saws, which comes out with 4 screws and the seats go back in for the sprogs.

@nepiai think they’re more rare because I was under the impression Toyota didn’t make as many, or that they were more expensive brand new so not so many 2nd hand in circulation. I took a punt on this one as it had no service history but chassis was great and it ran brilliantly, they’re hard to find with decent miles that don’t look like they’ve had a tree felled on them 

Tie backs for the barn doors, removable tailgate and quickly removable rear ladder bar are also nice features.

Double cab pickups are probably mainly found in suburban driveways, and have never been off road.

That’s about 80% of the market.

Single cabs are for weirdos with no tools, kids or friends.

King/Super/Extra cabs seem to tick a lot of boxes, but we are a pretty niche industry, which I’m obviously pretty biased towards.

ALL of my farmer mates have double cabs, with an Ifor canopy.

No one has ever been in the rear seats.

They are usually littered with Farmers Weekly, hypodermic needles, the odd bag of feed, shit stained waterproofs, rusty staples, a single shoe belonging to their wife, a half empty bottle of shit whisky handed out by a fertiliser rep last Christmas, assorted shotgun cartridges, and the odd dead lamb so the dogs don’t eat it.

• Haha 2

I guess you guys must be right to at least some extent or there'd be way more extra cabs but we aren't the only ones who could benefit: tradesmen of all sorts could benefit.

But the fact is they're an oddity.  When I bought my current one I'd been watching it on the Nissan website for a few months before the old one told me 'get rid of me now before I cost you lots':  this one was the only King Cab there out of over 240 Navaras.  No wonder it was in Barrow-in-Furness!

• Like 1