husqvarna 136 clutch spring

pleasant

Been years since i was a husky dealer selling the popular 136 and 141 models. Been a stihl dealer for last 15 years, so my guys are unfamiliar with the husky. Just taken this 136 in and the clutch drum had worn right through allowing it to collapse and the long coiled clutch shoes spring has rode off the shoes. What is the easiest way to re fit it once the new drum arrives next week. Seems a tight fit...which it needs to be, but is there a knack before my guys are let lose on it with screwdrivers and pry bars! Cheers

Put one shoe on the spider with spring,  clamp the shoe and spider in the vice ( not to tight as the spider is a sintered material and will snap ) put the second shoe in the spring, then lift some and spring onto the spider just with your fingers not screw drivers, the spring should not come as there should be a big penny washer behind the clutch.

Got that clutch spring re fitted today so thanks to all. Put the coil spring over one of the shoes together with the centre hub, then clamped it in the vice so the top half was exposed. Managed to partially insert the second shoe under the spring and held that in place with mole grips....still in the vice. Then gently prised the remaining side of the second shoe under the spring. Job done. LIke you say, you need fingers like a bunch of sausages...which fortunately i have.....always a bonus....the wifes a bit wary of them tho .👍k

Edited by pleasant