Husqvarna 550XP intermittent power mystery.

Hoggin

I’ve removed the carb and the little magnets are all present and correct. I’ve stuck M5 washers to them so they are still magnetic too.

From what ADW said, this means that the ignition module is very likely to be kaput. Is it still worth trying to get the CST info, or should I just replace the module?

L&S appear to have one in stock. Is there anywhere else I should be looking?

Thanks.

41C9A8B1-85E4-4A5F-BADA-8F51E90F9A39.thumb.jpeg.c14f70f036ef277711b13a9870031c9a.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Hoggin said:

Thanks for the heads up. Ordering the wrong stuff is my new hobby.

If you still have the Mk 1 coil and want to sell it, I might be interested.

I returned it to the owner of the saw but can get it back, take it to PM as I have a friend that travels to Wellingborough each month.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hoggin said:

I’ve removed the carb and the little magnets are all present and correct. I’ve stuck M5 washers to them so they are still magnetic too.

From what ADW said, this means that the ignition module is very likely to be kaput. Is it still worth trying to get the CST info, or should I just replace the module?

L&S appear to have one in stock. Is there anywhere else I should be looking?

Thanks.

41C9A8B1-85E4-4A5F-BADA-8F51E90F9A39.thumb.jpeg.c14f70f036ef277711b13a9870031c9a.jpeg

If the engineer looked at the CST info, he may have well found the fault code or seen the issue on the tests. He may well have not done the tests at all....the read out is often of no use at all but you can sometimes get reasonable info out of it if you know where to look....it certainly isn't like a cars OBD2 connector!

Change spark plug, clean air filter, change fuel filter. If it’s an old chainsaw I would change the fuel lines as could be hair line crack sucking air in. After all that you should be good to then tune it with trust that your not being misled be a problem in the tuning.

Thanks, I don’t think it’s water in the fuel because It does it in the dry. Also when I tried it with the premix fuel, I emptied the tank first, then started started and cleared all the fuel in the lines before adding fresh fuel. It still played up in the same way.

• 3 weeks later...

A belated update on this. It seems spud was correct, ADW does know a little about Husqvarnas. I swapped the ignition module (thanks Openspaceman) and haven’t had the problem reoccur since.

I did wonder if the saw would need a software update after fitting the replacement ignition module but apparently not.

Many thanks to all that contributed.

Edited by Hoggin
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1