GreenMech 160 QuadChip MK1

hesslemount

There seems to be intermittent connectivity on the forward rollers kicking in which is the big half spherical black button. If you hold the button down for 20-30seconds it seems to understand. Then maybe it will take rollers forward on first press. Any help would be much appreciated. It doesn’t seem like a bad connection to me but I could be wrong. 

As mentioned,  it could be the solenoid valve or the bottom coil on the valve for infeed ?

This valve is mounted by the indexing lever for the turntable  , it has two coils , both with a square Herschmann plug connected to them.

I would suggest undoing the screw that holds each plug on and swapping the plugs over then run the chipper at maximum revs , press the palm switch and see if , by doing this the rollers will feed in reverse ? If so then I would suspect that the bottom coil is faulty. You can confirm this by pulling the red bar for reverse to see if the rollers will now feed forwards  ? If they don't instantly work then this would confirm a coil failure. 

Jase.

Many thanks. I’m flat out and it’s just getting me by. I’ll give it a good inspection with your helpful advice on a quieter day or day off. Seems everything boils down to a faulty solenoid 😅. Are the parts cheap and easily sourced please? 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick update on the forward roller problem. As always I ought to have started on the easier fix options first. It was the Hirschmann plug that connects to the Vickers solenoid valve that was faulty. My auto electrician performed a quick fix and hey presto forward motion. Jason Hutch from GreenMech kindly sent me a pair of new Hirschmann plugs which will be fitted this week 👌🏼1454EA4A-AF0C-468D-9887-C4A36F5CD418.thumb.jpeg.739fa139434856f2c8c91cca9506d1a0.jpeg

• Like 2