New Harness for old Willans user.

Mesterh

• 1 month later...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I'd post a bit of an update on using the Treeflex.

I've tried setting up the harness in a few different ways (with some info from Steve Bullman and Ben from Safety Technology:icon14:)but all to no avail I'm afraid:bawling:

I just cant get this harness to feel right while I'm working in it. I've tried tightening and loosening the leg loops,raising and lowering the bridge (which is a bit of a poor design imo) and wearing the harness lower down onto the hips rather than the waist. But it just aint happening.

I think I'll put it to one side atm and carry on using my old Willans until the APF show in september and look for a new one then.

Cheers for all the help and input, pity it just aint for me.

(which is a bit of a poor design imo) and wearing the harness lower down onto the hips rather than the waist. But it just aint happening.

Have you tried putting a shorter bridge on it? I also could not stand that bridge so put a shorter one on.

Helped alot.

Have you tried putting a shorter bridge on it? I also could not stand that bridge so put a shorter one on.

Helped alot.

The bridge on it atm is fairly small anyway about 9" long iirc, the harness is a small sized one.

I think im gonna try it out wearing jeans instead of chainsaw pants (sip freedom ultra type c) and see if that helps at all.(too hot for ballistics atm anyhow)

How are you finding the Treeflex?

Cheers for the advice though.

• 3 years later...

I would second the Cresto skybelt suggestion as I started on a t22 also and loved the switch to a skybelt. A step up for sure but I would go for the fixed rings as a slider was just too much of a departure from the t22 for me.

Treestyle Arboriculture: Professional Tree Surgeons, Manchester

Edited by Stevietrees