MSA 161t

benedmonds

My msa161t has stopped working. Only used it for a couple of charges. It felt like the chain was stuck and I pulled the chain backwards  as you would in a normal saw, (which with hindsight may not have been the right thing to do) now it is just making a funny noise. Any ideas?

Battery fully charged.

I had a msa161t in a few months ago with the same issue. It wasn't  bought from us but you could tell it had hardly been used. The magnets on the motor had came away from the housing and jammed the rotor. We replaced the motor under warranty. Get it back to your supplier rather than mess about trying to fix it as it doesn't sound like you have done anything wrong or that there is a simple and easy fix.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mark_Skyland said:

I had a msa161t in a few months ago with the same issue. It wasn't  bought from us but you could tell it had hardly been used. The magnets on the motor had came away from the housing and jammed the rotor. We replaced the motor under warranty. Get it back to your supplier rather than mess about trying to fix it as it doesn't sound like you have done anything wrong or that there is a simple and easy fix.

Thanks