Best airblow gun for cleaning logs before milling?

Squaredy

have a pcl blow gun at 14 cfm to clean wood going through a moulder and yes it will remove the occasional lump of grit or dirt but never gets all. Its worth getting a powerwasher to clean logs we're running 41lpm and 210bar with a high flow turbo nozzle, savage!   

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Squaredy said:

Well, my little 6CFM compressor does it reasonably, but I think I can probably improve with a bit more power and maybe a different gun.

Not a chance. You might as well piss on them.

When it comes to cleaning, either with air or water, the volume is far more important than the pressure once past a certain pressure.

A 6cfm compressor is barely enough to clean saws with IMHO. I'd look into a decent power washer- 13hp 21l/min models can be had relatively cheap and of course they can clean other things well too. If you can find a system to deal with muddy water (wash bay), then the water will remove much more dirt than air ever would. If you blast it with air the dirt just ends up everywhere, I'd rather have the water carry it to a settlement area where you can shovel it up occasionally.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Graham w said:

have a pcl blow gun at 14 cfm to clean wood going through a moulder and yes it will remove the occasional lump of grit or dirt but never gets all. Its worth getting a powerwasher to clean logs we're running 41lpm and 210bar with a high flow turbo nozzle, savage!   

I want that pressure washer!! What is it?