Freelance Climbers Kit

onelab

thanks everyone

the only reason i ask is because i found myself,

working for someone,

getting private jobs,

to other companies asking me if i could do a few days here, few days there.

does this seem to be the natural progression of the job?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks everyone

the only reason i ask is because i found myself,

working for someone,

getting private jobs,

to other companies asking me if i could do a few days here, few days there.

does this seem to be the natural progression of the job?

I should make sure your present boss is aware of the situation. the last thing you want is for him to get the hump because your grafting for someone else.

I should make sure your present boss is aware of the situation. the last thing you want is for him to get the hump because your grafting for someone else.

Have done. He actually got me the first contact :thumbup1:

Top bloke & great to learn the trade from, but he & i knew it was time for me to spread my wings. (que the violins) :crying:

:001_rolleyes::lol:

Now if comapanies have rigging kits and tickets and they want an additional kit for extra jobs, or if freelancers prefer to use there own then thats fine, but rigging for companies that can't do it in house is bad form IMO.

I rig for some smaller co's that have the will to learn but just stuck in the dark ages with regards to modern lowering tec. I feel as part of bing a subi & getting about & seeing different tec's in wrk methods in different co's is important & sharing anything I pick up on the way that will make life safer & more efficiant for everyone is a must. Co's that can't do it in house & are willing to learn are worth working for imo, its those that don't want to learn that are more of a concern to me!

Edited by Danavan
to highlight the point i was comenting on

If you don't mind me asking, what sort of day rate do people charge with a rigging kit or what day rate are people happy to pay?

£150 in the SE of uk I have found. That includes all tickets include a first aid, dr licance that enables 7.5 ton & tow (pre 97 is it?) climb kit, 200 saw, (rigging gear if required) & sweat.

Co's that can't do it in house & are willing to learn are worth working for imo

Sure thats great, but they are earnign while they are learning! If you have the skills (and gear) do you want others to profit from that and learn the skills that you have paid for (in time and money)???? Send them on a cours if they wan to learn stuff and get them to get the the cheque book out if they want the gear on their jobs!!!!

Charge the fricken earth from them in the mean time!!

If you don't mind me asking, what sort of day rate do people charge with a rigging kit or what day rate are people happy to pay?

£150 in the SE of uk I have found. That includes all tickets include a first aid, dr licance that enables 7.5 ton & tow (pre 97 is it?) climb kit, 200 saw, (rigging gear if required) & sweat.

I just picked up some freelance work today which will help fill in some gaps in the jan/feb slow time. 250 a day, and he's got a bargain! Thats without rigging gear!

I just picked up some freelance work today which will help fill in some gaps in the jan/feb slow time. 250 a day, and he's got a bargain! Thats without rigging gear!

thats the sort of £ I should charge! I'm not gap filling that is my basic rate jan n feb tend to be ok for me. would love to go out @ that rate but my skills are only worth £150 as far as as I can make out. Power to your gap filling. What do comand the rest of the time? I need to sell myself better. Prob help if I could spell though:001_rolleyes:

Edited by Andy Collins
language

Whne we are busy its full crew and chipper and taking debris away at 450-750 a day, but we are not busy so I cna do day works at 250 aslong as I can turn uo in my car an dtake nothign back with me. I have the overheads of a small company so wouldn't work for less, but I can get enough work done in a day for them to on good earner, I hope.