The Ganoderma thread!

Documentation of G. australe on very old Abies alba.

---

Now thats a suprise, thank you.:001_cool:

Personally I think it will die if reduced which would be an embarrassment for me and at the same time look awfull because there is no inner canopy that's not dead already and look an insult to the tree! There is another one about 200ft away really dead canopy but loads of regrowth flushing but that has no decay fungi at base what so ever.... That tree would hit the house if fails though ,maybe does not show from that angle...

I agree, this is an ornamental, in an ornamental position, should be removed and replaced:thumbup1:

how about literally chopping it in half:blush: and keeping all the low stuff untouched

a bit aggressive and not great practice but the tree remains, it won't hit the house if it falls, and there is enough foliage left for photosynthesis even though it would be a harsh procedure

just a thought anyway....

always worth considering the options.:thumbup: wot you making of the VTa HANDBOOK?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

read it twice and a half so far:thumbup:

I keep boring everybody at work with VTA symptoms:lol:

When is my six weeks up i can't remember?

also, when at the show on saturday i spoke with Jo from treesource, really nice she was and mentioned you, said she'd done the stickers for you as i said i was in the book scheme! I also noticed a few other stupsi books that i'll be purchasing in the near future:thumbup:

read it twice and a half so far

I keep boring everybody at work with VTA symptoms

When is my six weeks up i can't remember?

also, when at the show on saturday i spoke with Jo from treesource, really nice she was and mentioned you, said she'd done the stickers for you as i said i was in the book scheme! I also noticed a few other stupsi books that i'll be purchasing in the near future:thumbup:

spotting VTA symptoms becomes obsessive, in time youll start loking past them to finer details till suddenly one day it all just "clicks" into place and youll be reading trees like a pro all the time. matthecks teachings changed my world.:thumbup1:

Jo is a great lass and provided me with the resource of reading materials I sought for years. i bought many of my first books from jo and will continue to do so for a long, long time (though i have a lot of the stock books she keeps now!):lol:

Im glad your getting as much out of it as you are, there are some books and some things we HAVE to see and know of in our lives, and for me matthecks work is a principal key in connecting with nature in a new way, a deeper much more intimate and knowing way.

my walks amoung the trees have never been the same since.:001_cool:

spotting VTA symptoms becomes obsessive, in time youll start loking past them to finer details till suddenly one day it all just "clicks" into place and youll be reading trees like a pro all the time. matthecks teachings changed my world

Jo is a great lass and provided me with the resource of reading materials I sought for years. i bought many of my first books from jo and will continue to do so for a long, long time (though i have a lot of the stock books she keeps now!)

Im glad your getting as much out of it as you are, there are some books and some things we HAVE to see and know of in our lives, and for me matthecks work is a principal key in connecting with nature in a new way, a deeper much more intimate and knowing way.

my walks amoung the trees have never been the same since.:001_cool:

I've got a long way to go before i become a pro but its something i want to work towards:thumbup:

books and knowledge are the key to success:001_cool: and it helps to have a mathematical and logical brain!

I've got so much i want to see and do i'm just scared i'll run out of time:lol:

how about literally chopping it in half:blush: and keeping all the low stuff untouched

a bit aggressive and not great practice but the tree remains, it won't hit the house if it falls, and there is enough foliage left for photosynthesis even though it would be a harsh procedure

just a thought anyway....

That was the idea before I looked at the tree.... Think there is too much die back and not enough regen though ,IMO the shock would kill it!

And a's hama says it's an ornamental tree.... I envy people who can read and remember such books I have to always have them to hand and constantly revise over them to keep my facts straight!

I've got a long way to go before i become a pro but its something i want to work towards:thumbup:

books and knowledge are the key to success:001_cool: and it helps to have a mathematical and logical brain!

I've got so much i want to see and do i'm just scared i'll run out of time:lol:

Its time you came on a foray my man:thumbup1:

That was the idea before I looked at the tree.... Think there is too much die back and not enough regen though ,IMO the shock would kill it!

And a's hama says it's an ornamental tree.... I envy people who can read and remember such books I have to always have them to hand and constantly revise over them to keep my facts straight!

Is the client somebody who may try such procedures to see if they work or not?

maybe though, the best thing would be to remove and re-plant, but isn't it worth i shot if financially possible?

Is the client somebody who may try such procedures to see if they work or not?

maybe though, the best thing would be to remove and re-plant, but isn't it worth i shot if financially possible?

When you love a thing, trees in this case, it is hard to accept and just let go, but a good arboriculturist must learn to seperate what is desirable from what is realistic.:001_smile: