self employed mortgage

firewoodman

yes i am trying to get one, appart from pointig out the obvious, can any of you help??

have you recently got one?

who is it with?

what problems did you come accross? etc

my biggest problem is my self assesment tax return

i wont and dont expect anyone to post any financial figures on here, but would apprecite the help

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got mine before the financial crisis, I imagine its a whole lot different now...

However, a friendly accountant is always handy, that year I had 2 sets of accounts, one for the taxman showing v little profit and one for the bank showing big profit.:thumbup:

A mortgage consultant might be an idea.These guys were good when we bought our first house 8 years ago.:001_smile:

Mortgage Broker - Impartial Fee Free UK Mortgage Quotes - Search Every Lender

i'm asking for 38% ltv, and extending it to 25yrs which halves my current repayments

BUT

cos i bought big machinery in the past 2 yrs, good old tax man has written off the depreciation in 1 yr instead of 3, this dropped my taxable profic a hell of a lot..... GREAT

BUT this now means that the lenders only go on your taxable profit so that what is making things difficult, already been refused by my bank i already have mortgage with

i'm asking for 38% ltv, and extending it to 25yrs which halves my current repayments

BUT

cos i bought big machinery in the past 2 yrs, good old tax man has written off the depreciation in 1 yr instead of 3, this dropped my taxable profic a hell of a lot..... GREAT

BUT this now means that the lenders only go on your taxable profit so that what is making things difficult, already been refused by my bank i already have mortgage with

you cant have both, when i wanted to borrow a lot of money, i worked my nuts off and we hardly claimed anything to keep the profits up for borrowing, got all the mortgages and loans but got a mighty tax bill too, but the value of the property was going up very quickly so it was worth it:001_smile:

Oh well i might not be getting a new mortgage in may after all then!

thats a spanner in the scheme!

self cert mortgages were wiped off the board 2 years ago after northern rock had their little woopsy, but if you have a mortgage already you will be ok, but you will have fewer mortgages to choose from, variable rates with collars are long gone, interest only is always cheaper and repayment is a fortune, but take whatever keeps a roof over you head, personally i would rent and save my money for a big deposit.:thumbup1:bargains appear all the time, you just need to have a little pot ready