Ebay china special.

Stere

41 minutes ago, spudulike said:

Watts=Volts x Amps but electric motors do use much more current getting them spinning up from start up so switches and fuses have to be rated at higher than the nominal power draw of the motor when running.

I doubt that this beast of a chainsaw will draw more than a domestic pressure washer etc.

I doubt that also. What I'm saying is that it's on a par with the generators which break the laws of physics, by apparently delivering more electrical power than the petrol engine driving it is rated at, never mind allowing for efficiency losses. At best, it's a terminological inexactitude. At worst? Well..................................................... 😉 

2 hours ago, Peter 1955 said:

That's one of the most frightening things I've ever read on here! I'm now envisaging a future where we're forced to use electric vehicles, but they can only be charged two days a week, due to a shortage of electricity! Bring on Hydrogen powered vehicles, I say. 

It will be like putting the bins out. "Can we charge the car tonight or is it the black cars turn?" 😂

I'd be curious to know how much charging our grid can handle before the insulation starts dripping off the 240V overhead lines... 

Edited by Paddy1000111
  • Like 1

On 13/01/2021 at 16:46, Paddy1000111 said:

I can't imagine that it will be that long before we end up with similar stuff in the UK with the way that car charging etc is moving forward. I was reading a thing the other day saying that the current national grid can't handle everyone charging electric cars. Maybe in the future they will start installing 3 phase or maybe a higher voltage for car charging ports. 

Teslas have a nominal voltage of 355 volts. Charging that with a 32A 240v circuit isn't really going to get things done quick. The new tesla superchargers (according to their website) are whacking out 250Kw from a 1MW power cabinet which would be 1000A@240v. 

Unless the UK steps up to the plate we're going to have tonnes of electric cars that need 2 days to charge in someone's garage! 

Three Teslas around your Street/area on at same time will almost shut your grid down!

Friend does Renewables and is saying UK isn't up to it!

On 13/01/2021 at 20:17, Peter 1955 said:

I doubt that also. What I'm saying is that it's on a par with the generators which break the laws of physics, by apparently delivering more electrical power than the petrol engine driving it is rated at, never mind allowing for efficiency losses. At best, it's a terminological inexactitude. At worst? Well..................................................... 😉 

It's Chinese even there Rulers are only 10-11"'s to the foot near enough everything is smaller than stated!

Think they got it from dealing with yanks? "Hey Babe im Big"!🤭 No Mate you have a Tiny Penis in a Ten Gallon Hat!🤣