2 qu books and how big is yours??

not for sale sorry

looking at buying a new book soon, i would like one that identifies trees and also tells you about pruning when and how etc like times of the year etc so any one no any good books like that??

2: i am making a new strop just wondering what size do most people climb on i was thinking of a 4 or 5 metre one ??

many thanks :thumbup1:

i just bought a new strop set up -4m yale xtc/isc snap hook/vt/pulley

any bigger and it would get in the way, any shorter and it would reach the stopper knot before i get to where i want to go...

and if there is such a book with pruning times etc i would definitely buy it.

The Pruning of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers by George E. Brown. Its not and ident book and some of it is old school, but there is some good information about different species and pruning times. Also RHS Pruning & Training by Christopher Brickell & David Joyce is quite good, but it isn't an ident book as well.

The Pruning of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers by George E. Brown. Its not and ident book and some of it is old school, but there is some good information about different species and pruning times. Also RHS Pruning & Training by Christopher Brickell & David Joyce is quite good, but it isn't an ident book as well.

Yep The George e brown book is good buy.

Ident wise go for The Roger Phillips book got both mine from Tree source. Speak to Jo she knows the score.:thumbup1:

well i found this book tree biology the first book but its £75! any1 no anything about this book is it any good??? Books

i asume your refering to shigos "a new tree biology" and yes its a good book, (understatement) though i wouldnt say it should be one of the first you buy?

youll not get a good ident AND pruner in one, too wide apart in direstions.

the best book for Ident youll get for carrying everyday is the thick black one by collins "tree giude" owen jhonson and david more

for pruning start off with "the pruning of trees shrubs and vines by geaorge e brown, revised and enlarged by tony kirkam