My youtube channel.

Allar

1 hour ago, Haironyourchest said:

Please build yourself a ProPush® device and post a really detailed video of it's use... I invented it, but don't have anything to use it on at the moment, so it would be nice if somebody else would do the tutorial and review.

I see how the double attachment of your device gives you some mechanical advantage but that tree could have gone anywhere with no problems  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Allar said:

Yeah i understand and do agree with you.  

I am impressed with your no worries , just get stuck in approach with the saw , and yes you get the job done with the felling no danger .  Just to say I was also of the opinion that you may have been able to roll the hanger out with your canthook/felling bar .. but not there on site so maybe not noticed any other ickysnallers present . 

• Like 2

I agree but hung up trees like to get hung up between branches/crotch and it'll never come down by rolling.
I wouldn't call my technique dangerous, if you know what you're  doing.
Agreed the tree was not going to roll out and when cutting sections from the bottom it was always going to fall away from you, you rolled it out when it was possible. I use this technique where necessary key is that tree has a good lean away from you.
  • Like 1

On 03/01/2021 at 19:47, Stubby said:

I am impressed with your no worries , just get stuck in approach with the saw , and yes you get the job done with the felling no danger .  Just to say I was also of the opinion that you may have been able to roll the hanger out with your canthook/felling bar .. but not there on site so maybe not noticed any other ickysnallers present . 

Thanks.

Yeah maybe, can't really remember anymore 😀

23 hours ago, petercb said:
On 03/01/2021 at 14:55, Allar said:
I agree but hung up trees like to get hung up between branches/crotch and it'll never come down by rolling.
I wouldn't call my technique dangerous, if you know what you're  doing.

Agreed the tree was not going to roll out and when cutting sections from the bottom it was always going to fall away from you, you rolled it out when it was possible. I use this technique where necessary key is that tree has a good lean away from you.

Yeah as long as you got decent lean, you'll be safe but once it gets near vertical then it becomes somewhat dangerous and alterantive method must be used. 🙂

• Like 1