Torn patellar tendon!

andy cobb

12 minutes ago, andy cobb said:

If this is in the wrong place feel free to move it Steve.

As title suggests, I've torn my patellar tendon in my knee.

Just wondering if anybody has done same and can give an idea of recovery time?

Why do these things happen when your at your busiest at work?

Bollox!

Sorry to hear but we mostly do damage to are bodies when busy as over use over and over again is not good and it catches up with you, speedy recover but any tendon takes time to heal 

8 minutes ago, Big J said:

Oooh, ya bastard. That has to be sore.

I can empathise a bit as I'm recovering from double patella tendonitis. Not torn, but seriously inflamed at one point. It's debilitating. 

Hope you have a speedy recovery. How did you do it?

It actually only hurts if I try to straighten my leg, been on crutches for 2 days and coping ok, cant get into a tractor cab but can manage to sit in the pub!

Embarrassingly tore it while walking from the living room to the kitchen.

Had been having niggles for a few months so had been wearing a brace, and guess it just said **************** it over had enough.

I’ve torn various tendons in my legs through running injuries albeit not the one you have. From experience they normally take around 6 weeks to ‘heal’. I tore my adductor tendon at the start of lockdown and luckily as I was off work it made a quick repair as I was doing limited physical work. Tendons tend to repair themselves with rest and plenty of it, obviously this is an issue in our trade as we rely on being mobile. The first week or so from the injury is the worst as the areas are inflamed, after that the pain did start to drop. Hopefully with Xmas approaching and a bit of rest you’ll hopefully be on the road to recovery

• Like 1