A few of my pictures

TArrryan

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankyou very much, If I have time tommorow after work (have to prune a wisteria) I will go out and take a few new pictures keeping in mind what you have taught me.

Mum recently bought a camera with a manual zoom but I somhow doubt i will be allowed to venture into the forest with it!

I did take the first picture in B&W and seipa, Ill hunt them down quickly, they were mature sweet chesbut's, there were about 4 maybe 5 like this, all multi stemmed.

Thankyou very much, If I have time tommorow after work (have to prune a wisteria) I will go out and take a few new pictures keeping in mind what you have taught me.

Mum recently bought a camera with a manual zoom but I somhow doubt i will be allowed to venture into the forest with it!

I did take the first picture in B&W and seipa, Ill hunt them down quickly, they were mature sweet chesbut's, there were about 4 maybe 5 like this, all multi stemmed.

you might find a feature on you dmc that enables you to have the grid lines over the view finder, I have it?

Here they are, the seipa isn't too good but the B&W picture is much better.

I've also included a picture of the original tree, the girth at chest height was about 193cm, I didn't measure it but i do remember trying to put my arms around it and my finger tips barely touched. In case anyone didn't know, the length of your out streched arms should more or less be exactly the same as your height!!

In the centre of the unions was a rancid pool of water, bot did it reek when i stuffed a stick down there, was about a meter deep so it went on underground if my measurements are right. and the picture of the baby gorse I just found amusing, I like plants growing in strange places

I found the grid :001_smile: Ill put it to use tommorow

I just noticed the picture of the pool is from one of the other multi stemmed chestnuts, tricky blighters

P1020364.jpg.0dcb7790b8d2d66204938c9d255595d0.jpg

P1040910.jpg.a4b6a6a083f781a354436d0af4db0a95.jpg

P1040902.jpg.82d948db81a7a0aff34c3f9333b342de.jpg

P1020360.jpg.6512e62bae4de43535c9680c81f1b8da.jpg

P1020361.jpg.23b6e190c61f76040e67b508f26293fa.jpg

The 15th picture was taken at hatchet pond in the new forest, Hampshire. I took it on a frostymorning a few years ago, haven't seen it as still as that for a long time

If I remember right the flower is from a magnolia grandiflora, it was a very old specimin growing on the side of a listed building we would visit evry other week (because the grounds keeper was too lazy to do it himself!!)

The 15th picture was taken at hatchet pond in the new forest, Hampshire. I took it on a frostymorning a few years ago, haven't seen it as still as that for a long time

If I remember right the flower is from a magnolia grandiflora, it was a very old specimin growing on the side of a listed building we would visit evry other week (because the grounds keeper was too lazy to do it himself!!)

Yep, the big flower is grandiflora, one of my favourites, scent like lemon sorbet some say.