Birch available in West Sussex.

Johnpl315

I have a small amount of Birch available, cut to 3m lengths. Most is fairly strait but there is the odd bendy knobbly bit and some small diameter but most is in the 4 to 10 inch diameter range. Felled over the last two months. Access for 8 wheeler, not artic. Looking for £44 a ton +vat. Initially one load but more will be available in the future. Near Midhurst in West Sussex. 

Edited by Johnpl315

I have a small amount of Birch available, cut to 3m lengths. Most is fairly strait but there is the odd bendy knobbly bit and some small diameter but most is in the 4 to 10 inch diameter range. Felled over the last two months. Access for 8 wheeler, not artic. Looking for £44 a ton +vat. Initially one load but more will be available in the future. Near Midhurst in West Sussex. 

Not on or near the king Edward estate is it ? Only out of interest. I’ve just done a load on a domestic site there. Was surrounded by birch and chestnut plantation.

12 hours ago, lux said:

Not on or near the king Edward estate is it ? Only out of interest. I’ve just done a load on a domestic site there. Was surrounded by birch and chestnut plantation.

Do you mean King Edwards school by Witley station.

If so the chestnut all around there was coppiced every 4 years for the walking stick factory which was just down the road. Closed a few years ago so the coppice grew on.

23 hours ago, lux said:

Not that one, the old hospital site top of the hill on Kings drive , you then have the long straight hill down to midhurst that has the coppice to one side and the forestry stuff on the other. They mulched a large section on the road side a couple of years back. 

Any way there is loads of birch plantation in there,  A lot of those new large houses on the estate have some terribly exposed trees in there gardens and driveways that are becoming a problem. They were all forestry trees and the developers have left patches of them landscaped into the development. Ugly tall trees with no crowns and now really exposed to get blown over.  lots of them are in poor health too. 

Only out of interest as Im working on several there lately.