Sthil 462 or Husky 572

allseasons

10 hours ago, MattyF said:

I’ve never heard of any one having issues with the 500i ! only issue Or niggle I have is the air filter needs cleaning twice or at least once a day... I know guys who use them on big outside Sitka and will kill a saw a year but have not had an issue with the 500i and he said it was the first saw he’s owned that hasn’t needed a rebuild in 12 months!
Any ways 462 is a great saw , light, very responsive and handles nice in hand although the trigger and handle bother me as they feel like they may fall apart and some thing is not quite right there but 20” is what it feels best on to me and is a great saw.
572 is more of a 24”saw , definitely feels like it’s made to carry a 24” but is a heavier than the 462 and you can feel it in the handling.

Ive had dealings with stihl about the poor quality build of this part of the saw, this was replaced under warranty. apart from that its a cracking saw

• Like 1