Alpine Magnum

Buzz

Cheers guys, it's access restrictions, side access is great but then there is a flight of steps with no room to swing a big grinder around.

I'll try arbor plant on Monday as we have an account with them :)

• 2 months later...

Bumping this thread....as the stumper was being discussed on a chainsaw brand thread.

Of late, I haven't been chipping the carbide off as many teeth. When the teeth are sharp, the AM works great. Key is to dig as much as possible, especially in rocky soil.

to answer an earlier post, the teeth are the same except for left and right cutters, just like a chainsaw chain. there is a rock teeth, witha less agressive rake angle..sloer cutting, doesn't dull as quickly.

here's a 3 photo slide show of grinding an appx 6-8 foot circular area up to 2 feet deep...thankfully, ~70% of the stump was rotten or decayed to bits. Some cement in it wasn't any fun...

Last time I saw a chipper from ESS, it did not comply and it got a write up in Horti Week!!!

I'll check them out again at AA. Why do we have to take machines that comply and are CE rated, but some others get away with it without the organisers of these shows pointing out that you cannot show equipement (of any kind) if it contravenes some legislation or other. Gripe Gripe Gripe etc.