Any helpful firewood guys near Bradford on Avon?

County4x4

Hi all,

If anyone can put me onto a helpful supplier near Bradford on Avon I'd be grateful.

A contact from another forum is new to living on a narrowboat at the marina there and is having trouble burning wood on her Morso Squirrel. Sounds like it's down to rubbish wood from B&Q/Homebase - unless she feeds it with coal as well it just goes out. With the fire going hard enough to keep the wood alight it's too hot and she's sitting round in a t-shirt and Spongebob knickers! Yeah - I thought that would get the suppliers beating a path to her door!

I've given her a few tips about leaving a bed of ash and using the secondary air for the main supply etc - but she'll still be struggling without some decent seasoned wood and kindling.

If anyone is in the area and could deliver a few bags to the marina that would be great. If they know a bit about using wood in a stove and could give her some hands on advice, even better. As she lives on board she would probably be a regular customer and recommend you to other boaters there if you can supply some decent wood for her.

Cheers all,

Andy

If anyone is in the area and could deliver a few bags to the marina that would be great. If they know a bit about using wood in a stove and could give her some hands on advice, even better. As she lives on board she would probably be a regular customer and recommend you to other boaters there if you can supply some decent wood for her.:sneaky2:

Actually, not that far from myself and I know a guy who lives just outside BoA who supplies wood and the word is supplies and not gets.

hi, got the same stove on our boat and you need to keep bottom air adjuster opened about 1/4-1/2a turn as well as keeping top open.to adjuster is mainly for drawing air up to keep glass clean.i have tried this method on all kinds of wood over the last 14 years and allways seems to work.

Not doubting your method works mate, but I think you'll find it's the secondary air coming in from the top that goes down the glass to keep it clean rather than air coming up from below. I'm guessing you're using decent wood as well!

Andy