Husqvarna 141

Marlin.45

13 minutes ago, spudulike said:

Never seen one of these with a good impulse connector, those green tubes always fail.

Cheers Spud. Good to know I might be on the right lines?

Drilled out the fuel line port in the top of the tank so the 'parts saw' fuel line which was good would fit through tight. Applied a coating of fibreglass gel as it went through and a bit on the outside. Hopefully that will work?

I think from memory, these saws use a smaller diameter transparent fuel line like strimmer line, it is an interference fit on the hole in to the fuel tank and this is adequate to seal it up. It is also possible to nip the fuel line with the bottom of the white plastic plate that fits between the carb and cylinder so watch out for that.

1 hour ago, Marlin.45 said:

Cheers Spud. Good to know I might be on the right lines?

Drilled out the fuel line port in the top of the tank so the 'parts saw' fuel line which was good would fit through tight. Applied a coating of fibreglass gel as it went through and a bit on the outside. Hopefully that will work?

Not sure i would have drilled out the hole, it uses a micro bore hose which as said is an interference fit in the tank, this hose does not kink easily which is necessary as it takes a strange route up and over the top of the carb, bigger diameter tube may not be quite so suitable, it also must move freely through the crankcase.

On 25/05/2020 at 23:23, adw said:

Not sure i would have drilled out the hole, it uses a micro bore hose which as said is an interference fit in the tank, this hose does not kink easily which is necessary as it takes a strange route up and over the top of the carb, bigger diameter tube may not be quite so suitable, it also must move freely through the crankcase.

I used the same size but salvaged from the low hours (but fkd) parts saw. Hose would not fit down the hole so I opened it up ~0.5mm. Fitted snug then.

Edited by Marlin.45

Saw re-assembled and run up last night - also checked and cleaned the oil pump. Was pretty bunged which is probably why it appeared to be 'over oiling'. Oil way was bunged so the lube was finding an easier and alternative route.

Set the carb to 1 turn out on the LH. Fires on first kick with choke applied then knock the choke in for fast idle and it will fire easily but immediately red lines. Blip the throttle and of course the idle backs off and after some fine fettling of the carb it was idling nicely. After 20 mins of idling/blip the throttle etc I decided to refill the bar lube and fit the bar.

Now it won't idle. I will get back to it tonight as I ran out of time and patience ?

Edited by Marlin.45

Well it is now running. Reliably. Maybe.

The spare saw green flex impulse hose also didn't look good (cheers Spud) so I found some silicone hose around the same size and fitted that. Also installed the carb from the parts saw. The settings on the old carb were L-3 turns out/H - 1 turn out. Started and ran. Settings now L-2.5 H-1. Fingers crossed?

• Like 1