Wire-core flipline

Mark Bolam

I use a comet one Its the red one and has a much finer wire strand making it much softer and more pliable yet still stiff enough to poke through gaps and flip, i use it wth an ISC micrograb and I do have a soft link in it. I have tried soft lanyards and tbh I prefer the wire as a second line. I have been told that its not Acceptable from an H+S point of view to use a WCFL as a second anchor for general climbing, however its all I use really, except on really big open trees where I use a ratty old 8m bit of HV with a howard hitch and a little pulley.:001_smile:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would WCFL not be suitable for a second system when general climbing?

I do the same as you Tom. Ideal work postioning for my type of climbing.

I was told by an NPTC assesor, I didn't query it as I have no intention of stopping using it anyway.:001_smile:

think it depends on what clip you have on it, it has to be three way opening to be used as second system. my flip line has only a two way clip on it and was told by a loler chap that i can only use it for take downs backed up with my climbing line

That makes sense. Sorry, I didnt make the connection with the attachment points. Alway use three way, kwicklock style crabs. I dont own a snap lock style attachment.

Thanks

DB