Husky 560xp bar oiling issues ?

medroberts

Glad you are happy with the 395XP, been looking at other stuff tonight and missed all the fun - just knock the clutch off and take a look. The 550 I did last week had a really loose one and it was obvious without taking the clutch off but needed a new pinion and the clutch off to tighten the pump again.

I use a tool for a 357 (think it is) which works just fine.

3 hours ago, medroberts said:

Adw, pic of Clutch type you asked for. Thank you, Med

045276BF-164D-41D6-9DC1-562783B0CC66.jpeg

That is the early style clutch. As others have said it is prob the worm wheel, check pump is secure and in place.

If you cant get the tool elsewhere let me know as we do stock them but dont have them on the web site.

• Like 1

Hi guys, Firstly thanks for everybody’s help. I have just been able to strip the saw and cannot see anything obvious? The Filter on the oil pick up pipe is not plugged , the oil line to and from the pump is clear. The mounting bolts for the oil pump were tight. The worm drive hasn’t worn and the pump is free to turn by hand.Here are some pics. Basically I cannot see any issues,but IAm no expert on saws unlike MF tractors( Agricultural engineer by trade). Can somebody point out what IAm missing please ?Thanks , Med

4EAE9190-CFA5-4C6D-805C-A0A61EB5728A.jpeg

5DF6D92A-150A-4FFA-9F8F-8A1867C74F93.jpeg

0EC54E2F-36DC-4BDE-8544-C8B18DCE135E.jpeg

F02B1FCF-9BD2-47DA-94C0-9F69FB5F73BC.jpeg

Unless there is a flat on the other side of the pinion it looks OK. If the pickup pipe and filter isn't blocked - you can blow through it (Don't use a compressor as it will split the pipe).

Take a close look at the pickup side of the oil pump and you may find a small plug of sawdust in the hole that will need to be cleared before reassembly. You can use a compressor from the other side or carb cleaner/WD40 etc.

If that is all OK, the oiler should all work as these are the normal issues.

I have seen a few blocked bar oiler holes and the owners not working it out!

• Like 1