PI insurance

Paul Barton

If you are supposed to have it but don't bother because as you say you won't claim against yourself then who is to know?

Or, what could they do about it?

You could just get it then trip over a piece of wood on thr floor of you office that shouldn't of been there!

Might teach the insurance company a lesson or two.

If you are supposed to have it but don't bother because as you say you won't claim against yourself then who is to know?

Or, what could they do about it?

You could just get it then trip over a piece of wood on thr floor of you office that shouldn't of been there!

Might teach the insurance company a lesson or two.

That's true. However, if it is a legal requirement that's different. The HSE leaflet that dillsue provided a link for says the HSE can inspect your company documents and if you are found not to have legally required insurances you can be fined up to £2500 per day that you operated uninsured!!

Bloody red-tape.

Dont be spooked by the sabre rattling in leaflets or by the HSE about fines etc- push them to give you a clear answer. £350 for EL you'll never use is a waste of money and if you've got it to burn then I'll happily burn it for you FOC!

If you ask the question and they dont answer I dont see how they could come chasing you for non compliance when you have acted diligently by asking for their guidance. Keep the records of correspondance and dont buy it until they say you definitely need it.

you can be fined up to £2500 per day that you operated uninsured!!

Bloody red-tape.

:scared1:

Thing is though how often do they actually do it?

They could make a massive fortune if they wanted, I probably know at least 5-6 local companies not having EL when they should :sneaky2:

Although tbh if its only £350 (yep and I do know £350 is a lot of money) then I would just pay it IF you werent 100% sure that you didnt need it.

Very poor though if the HSE cant give you a definitive answer. :thumbdown: