Ive been carting logs - Pics

mark_j

Spent yesterday sawing with mc connel sawbench and carting logs with our David brown and new trailer.

The excator wasnt on site so i had to load the trailer by hand, nearly killed myself throwing big slabs of wood 6 foot over the sides of the trailer. Never again

DSCF02774454s-large.JPG

DSCF027644646s-large;brt:53.JPG

DSCF028046464s-large.JPG

whats everyone else been upto??

My Massey Ferguson 35

4 cylinder petrol / tvo with livedrive

Recently reregistered - now complete with v5 and tax disc and reg no. 730 XUG

Built on Monday 2nd may 1960, it was one of 177 made that day.

Has had many new parts fitted recently including

New tractormeter and cable

Thermostat

Tipping pipe - with push fit connection

Control box

Wiring Loom

Battery

2 New front tyres

Wheel nuts

Serviced to include new engine oil and filter

New numberplate bracket and numberplate

Glass fuel bowl and gaskets

This tractor is very reliable and hardworking, it spent this last half of 2007 bale carting,powering a sawbench,powering a hay bob,carting logs on trailers, chain harrowing and much more.All the above was completed without a problem, the tractor is mechanically and cosmetically great

Tractor is in very good condition - not concourse but very tidy

Hydraulics work fine

Livedrive is fitted and works fine

All gears and high/low range work fine

Starts fine on the key

New tractormeter works fine, counting hours and revs

Oil pressure and water temp guages work fine - new thermostat fitted

Two new front tyres, rears 40%

The price is £2300 , please have a look at the pics and tell me what you think, this is not a ebay special tractor with bits missing and parts not working correctly. Everything works as it should,its age is verfied and registered correctly, the tractor runs very well and is used alot, i spent six hours last week with it carting logs/felling trees. you are welcome to come and see it if you wish.

Thats cheap! do you follow the prices of vintage tractors and machinery?

Have bought very similar for half that money. You will always pay more if buying from someone who's into vintage tractors. Better to buy from someone who just sees it as an old tractor rather than a vintage tractor, in my experience.

Have bought very similar for half that money. You will always pay more if buying from someone who's into vintage tractors. Better to buy from someone who just sees it as an old tractor rather than a vintage tractor, in my experience.

Current prices are going through the roof, we went to a big sale on saturday where over 1300 lots were sold, people are paying alot of money for old machinery, its becoming big business.The ever escalating scrap metal value doesnt help either.You can buy tractors for half this money, i have done it a million times but 99% of the time bits are misssing and stuff doesnt work correctly or as is should do. I disagree with your comment regarding the best place to buy from, i would much rather buy from someone who knows what they are talking about and who is selling something which has been restored correctly rather than an old knacker, with brakes not working correctly, thermostat sticking/boiling up,not starting correctly etc.

It really depends what you want and what you intend to use it for. The cost of bits for old tractors arnt cheap and the old saying "you only get what you pay for" rings true.

was that one of the vintage sales at cheffins in cambridgeshire Mark?

if so i have seem some real scrappers go for thousands, also watched a doe triple D go for £68,000 when i was there last time, that price for your 35 seems pretty realistic given its condition, I think your not that far from me anyway are you? im near uttoxeter

was that one of the vintage sales at cheffins in cambridgeshire Mark?

if so i have seem some real scrappers go for thousands, also watched a doe triple D go for £68,000 when i was there last time, that price for your 35 seems pretty realistic given its condition, I think your not that far from me anyway are you? im near uttoxeter

Its was the big tractor show at the three counties showground in malvern - worcestershire. Pugh were the auctioneers, i had a buyers card, i took the truck and intended to buy but the prices are going up all the time, there was some real rough off farm condition - obviously unrestored, fergies 20's and mf35s etc went for over 2k, they would need another 2.5k spending on to look and perform like the one im selling, most places are charging between 800-1000 to paint a 2wd vintage tractor in 2pack at the minute.

yeah im close to you, burton on trent.