Solving the Housing Problem!

Billhook

2 hours ago, Frett said:

I wrote a fairly long post here, but I'll boil it down to this: unless you've been working and saving for your first house deposit since the financial crash (08-09), you'll have no idea of the realities of the modern rental/housing market (in the UK), and your opinion isn't worth much to anyone who has.

A few years ago I was doing 60+ hours a week on the saw and machine, and struggling to make any ground in saving for a deposit. If you'd have told me then I should be working harder I'd have knocked your teeth out.

Your wasting  your breath the only opinion he sees is his own and that is a bullshit one, Oh well 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

100%

I dont have an answer. But yes, moving to where there is still work but cheaper housing has to be considered an option of anyone wishing to get on the property ladder. No, not everyone can or is willing to do this. But it has to be a considered option, at lest for a while. Who cares would will still do the menial stuff? There will always be people who have no interest in owning their home. There will still be plenty people who are looking for extra income, ie, not the main bread winners. There is plenty of Students and young folk starting out in life to take on these roles. 

My Sister is a School Technician, its a low paid job. Her Husband washes Stairs for a living

. They bought their first house for £130,000. Its not ideal, its not in a great area, but they are now on the ladder after years of scrimping and saving. 

Oh shit what if her central heating broke down, she shouldn't be buying she should rent in your opinion, come on make your mind up lol

11 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

Typical entitlement attitude. You got lucky. That’s all there is too it. 

Bollocks, The Wicked Witch wanted to sell all the housing stock off like a typical Tory selling  the family silver, I just helped her out  That’s all there is too it. Lol

17 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Our brother-in-law is a heating engineer so it’s all good. ;)

Yes but is that not sort of taking advantage of him a sort of entitlement attitude, hope you pay him more than the min wage, if the worst comes to the worst i suppose she could get a log burner and become a Log Goblin 

Yes but is that not sort of taking advantage of him a sort of entitlement attitude, hope you pay him more than the min wage, if the worst comes to the worst i suppose she could get a log burner and become a Log Goblin 

I’m not sure if you understand how a close knit family works or are genuinely a retard?

15 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

I love how much I’m getting under your skin. I’m taking up space in your head rent free. ?

Sorry to burst your bubble but you would have to work MUCH smarter than you do to achieve that, But i think your sort of at your limits as it is, never mind you could always retrain Lol