Tennis elbow

cerneARB

I got it many years ago or it might be golfers elbow (dont play either) and I did it sawing a branch up a ladder with my arm rwisted at a strange angle. Not been able to train biceps ever since. Doctors just said rest but no matter how long I rested it for the pain came straight back as soon as I worked it.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not read whole thread.

Cortisol injection - too risky imo.

Infra red lamp, rest, neoprene support thing - must be tight on tendon elbow side of forearm to isolate and protect damaged area.

Oh and as t9 said - remedial exercises i.e. with different resistance elastic from the physio; again with tendon isolated - physio will teach how...

Hi,

Forget all the above mate, I'm a brickie by trade and have suffered over the years with tennis elbow. It all came to a head last year and I was really struggling to pick up a trowel of pug. Went to my GP who is also a sports injury therapist and he told me to do the following and Ive had a whole year (nearly) pain free.

Ok, stick 2 cans of beans in a carrier bag,

hold the bag in the affected outstretched hand and support your elbow with the other hand.

Raise your hand at the wrist joint and SLOWLY lower your hand.

The lowering is the excercise not the lifting.

Do this 15 times and then stretch it off (see below)

Do all the above 3 times a day. Dont rush the excercising.

To stretch it off do the following for a right elbow stretch,

Arms out stretched

place your right hand over your left,

interlink your fingers with palms together

push your right wrist away with your left hand for about 20 seconds.

Also stick some ice on the affected elbow too.

Whats happened is that your tendons have all knotted up and they simply need stretching back to where they should be, simples!

Hope this all helps, it works a treat for me.

Jellystock.

IMHO that is Crap.

I think you need a new GP or your gp THINKS he is a sports therapist mate.

If you had had really severe tennis elbow you would know that it isnt knotted tendons, but damage through tearing and stretching and eventually the tendons come detached from where they are attached to the bone in extreme cases.

(That is from the physio that is the team physio for Plymouth Argyll F.C. BTW)

And a qualified GP told you to hold bags of beer up in the air????WTF:001_huh:

I think that the main thing is to get a correct diagnosis for any injury or illness, and get it properly treated by the professionals. What works for one may not work for another, depends what action led to the injury. I was told to rest an injury a few years back, but being an impatient type I didnt, I gently excercised it back to health and recovery time was considerably shortened, with no long term issues. To me, jellystocks advice is the sort of thing I would try out, but it wouldnt be right for every case.

hi guys,

never had a tennis elbow but have got a reoccuring blood clot in my elbow. i have had it massaged and pushed and pulled and stretched and all sorts and the best thing i did was tail lock, vt, ropeguide, two handed saw use and really aware of work position.

never been back to the physio well not for that injury, to be completely honest i would change the way you climb and the systems you use. failing that ive had the radiotherapy treatment and done the pool exercises and all really good stuff in my opinion.

good luck mate any injury sucks and hope you recover soon.

good luck.