2 Horse chestnut removals

RC0

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

great job Reg , how are you finding the new version skylotec ?? is it as good as i was lead to believe up at the aa show ?? i have the origional skylotec but its getting a bit on the worn side now and im wondering if its worth waiting for the new one to be released .

There was both good and bad things about the model I tried. Not sure what has happened since I returned it.

There was both good and bad things about the model I tried. Not sure what has happened since I returned it.

i guess you cant go into the good and bad points as yet , i was chatting to fletcher stewart and they did say about the side d rings being to close to something , i really do like the current version but would prefer quick release leg loops and better saw attachment as well oh and maybe somewhere for a first aid kit lol

Thanks for the Pics Reg, awesome machine :thumbup1:

Is it LPG?? Ive seen quite a few for sale recently that have had conversions!

No its standard, and a 5.2 so you do have to keep an eye on the revs. I probably get about 22 mpg when I'm going steady.

No its standard, and a 5.2 so you do have to keep an eye on the revs. I probably get about 22 mpg when I'm going steady.

Thats not too bad really, I thought it would be mid teens, Very nice vehicle though Reg, I do love american pick ups :thumbup1:

Thats not too bad really, I thought it would be mid teens, Very nice vehicle though Reg, I do love american pick ups :thumbup1:

Comparatively speaking, it’s a baby compared to some but still has plenty of guts.

There's a new hilux also in view at the end of the video....thats Andrews. He was attempting to pull a back-leaning tree on the same site some months earlier when he started spinning and sinking at the critical moment, all the builders were stood watching. Not only did i have to tow him out but pull the tree over at the same time, I'll never let him forget!

Comparatively speaking, it’s a baby compared to some but still has plenty of guts.

There's a new hilux also in view at the end of the video....thats Andrews. He was attempting to pull a back-leaning tree on the same site some months earlier when he started spinning and sinking at the critical moment, all the builders were stood watching. Not only did i have to tow him out but pull the tree over at the same time, I'll never let him forget!

:lol:

I bet that dodge does have plenty of grunt tho, What made you go for it in the first place mate?? Always wanted one or just wanted something different??

:lol:

I bet that dodge does have plenty of grunt tho, What made you go for it in the first place mate?? Always wanted one or just wanted something different??

I narrowly avoided had a head-on with a drunken,landrover-driver farmer on a blind bend late one night. We were only in a Subaru estate, my wife and a child in the car. Upon approaching the bend, at the last second I noticed his lights were aligned on my side of the road....I hit the breaks, the high beam and the horn all at once. It must have woke him up, he swerved and missed us....had he not I dont reckon our chances were good.

I got paranoid after that when driving at night, whenever under similar such driving condtions. So I decided I needed better protection and visability to others. I had a Ram for about a year and then downsized to the Dakota when I got my confidence back.

Dodge.jpg.225e14bf8dbaf64f06538eaeca745067.jpg

I narrowly avoided had a head-on with a drunken,landrover-driver farmer on a blind bend late one night. We were only in a Subaru estate, my wife and a child in the car. Upon approaching the bend, at the last second I noticed his lights were aligned on my side of the road....I hit the breaks, the high beam and the horn all at once. It must have woke him up, he swerved and missed us....had he not I dont reckon our chances were good.

I got paranoid after that when driving at night, whenever under similar such driving condtions. So I decided I needed better protection and visability to others. I had a Ram for about a year and then downsized to the Dakota when I got my confidence back.

Bloody hell Reg, Sad story but one i find very interesting, Glad you all ended up ok and i can see were your coming from mate :001_cool: