V.T.A images

Tony Croft aka hamadryad

:lol::lol:

Ahhhhhhhhhh good old phase one training, Ive not seen that video for years, Once you prove yourself at hitting cars with bats,You can progress further up the ladder!!! Simple but affective!!

Only phase one! I've searched for the next phases to no avail. Is this some kind of closed shop? Will I ever aspire to phase two and beyond?

Seems like I'll only ever get to swing a bat about in rage hoping to clobber one or two unlike you with sophisticated detection equipment.:confused1:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a vision of you waving a sword above your head as you wrote that last post

Lol, yeah i do feel like I want to slay a few of these academics with position in their favour at times!

my time will come, I try way too hard to not get there!

i see others get to consultant status so easily, with their companies support and cpd, me, christ I have 2 grands worth maybe three grands worth of arb books and myco books and ento books and attended seminars for what?

all that info is worthless!

im well behind on my mortgage and I cant get a better paid job cos I havent a "recognised" cert under my belt, i cant afford to do the CAD course or the Lantra three day inspection, cos Im being crippled by my degree fees.

man alive its hard work, way harder than it should be, one things for certain, when i get these things under my belt its going to be an emotional weight of my shoulders!

Oh dear, you must be frequenting the wrong bars then

Quite a sweeping statement that one

my trouble dean is i dont frequent bars! being almost t total these days.

you going start again dean! lol:001_tt2:

what have i done!:confused1:

omg! ive done it again!:001_huh:

maybe i should have rephrased it/ any suggestions?:001_rolleyes:

I hate to be wrong, for the record!

Tony it has to be said, on having a good look at those images again your probably right about it having stabalised, there is rough bark on the tips for a start.

i am going to be anhilated for making such a fuss over it, but hey ho, i was wrong and that dont happen too often!

bring on the abuse and massive highlighted raucous laughter!

Hands up, and VERY good call sir:thumbup1:, teach me to look a bit harder before i open my mouth!:001_rolleyes:

in my defence I just thought it made a great photo, and hadnt really looked at it from an assesment point of view, its just a tree in my favourite wood. When you piped up tony, i kinda felt you was making me out to be a tool, and went on the defence, clouding my judgment.

None the less i will be going back for another look tommorow!:001_tt2:

I hate to be wrong, for the record!

Tony it has to be said, on having a good look at those images again your probably right about it having stabalised, there is rough bark on the tips for a start.

i am going to be anhilated for making such a fuss over it, but hey ho, i was wrong and that dont happen too often!

bring on the abuse and massive highlighted raucous laughter!

Hands up, and VERY good call sir:thumbup1:, teach me to look a bit harder before i open my mouth!:001_rolleyes:

in my defence I just thought it made a great photo, and hadnt really looked at it from an assesment point of view, its just a tree in my favourite wood. When you piped up tony, i kinda felt you was making me out to be a tool, and went on the defence, clouding my judgment.

None the less i will be going back for another look tommorow!:001_tt2:

There will be no abuse or laughter mate, you stood your ground well. It does make a good photo and don't forget - 9 threads out of 10 die within 24hrs after inevitably derailing. Its not personal its our nature.

If I had to go back and recant all the daft things I've said I wouldn't have time to say new daft things. That's what we're all here for - on here you won't be prosecuted for negligence (well not yet anyway). I remember the thread where I moaned at MonkeyD for exactly the same VTA thing...

I wasn't trying to make you out to be a tool, the 'talkers just test the new guys and gals. Baptism of fire if you like. Some stick it, some have a tantrum and leave firing off solictors threats.

The tree will probably fail tonight and you can get some better shots! :D

There will be no abuse or laughter mate, you stood your ground well. It does make a good photo and don't forget - 9 threads out of 10 die within 24hrs after inevitably derailing. Its not personal its our nature.

If I had to go back and recant all the daft things I've said I wouldn't have time to say new daft things. That's what we're all here for - on here you won't be prosecuted for negligence (well not yet anyway). I remember the thread where I moaned at MonkeyD for exactly the same VTA thing...

I wasn't trying to make you out to be a tool, the 'talkers just test the new guys and gals. Baptism of fire if you like. Some stick it, some have a tantrum and leave firing off solictors threats.

The tree will probably fail tonight and you can get some better shots! :D

oh dear oh dear, some people! nah, Im afraid you lot are stuck with me now, my skin is like leather, i dont mind being wrong, i charge in and lessons are learnt, its the fastest way to learn, fear not to tread sort of thing.

my trouble dean is i dont frequent bars! being almost t total these days.

you going start again dean! lol:001_tt2:

what have i done!:confused1:

omg! ive done it again!:001_huh:

maybe i should have rephrased it/ any suggestions?:001_rolleyes:

Not having a go Hama.

I for one am probably one of the most laid back Arbs you'll meet (I think)

Nearly all the Arbs I have met have not had egos, far from it.

The ones I have met have had passion, passion for either trees or earning an honest living or both.

But none of them have had a "look at me I'm a tree surgeon" ego .

I have met one or two that I can honestly say have trouble fitting their helmets on their big heads, but they turn out to be plonkers that are crap at the job anyway, they have come into it for the wrong reasons