My spike broke!

Jay

the other day i went to put my spikes on, there gecko aluminium ones with the velco straps. got one on fine was doing up the main leg strap on the other when one of the rivets pulled out of the metal bar used to pull the strap back on its self. so i ended up with a bit of cobra bracing around my leg holding the bar in place, worked a treat. just wondered if this has happened to anyone else.

well even if it did break in the tree when standing on them i wouldnt have fallen as your weight pushes them against your leg anyway still wouldnt want to try it thought. no there not covered by LOLER they dont really lift of lower i suppose. i was just disapointed in them as they werent cheap and not really that old. still all fixed now, just put a new rivit in and all good now.

sounds scarey, i just got some carbon gekos and had a good visual at the rivets etc as a mate has had the bolt come out the joins the strap on the outside of the foot bit, i think ill replace the bolt with a nylon or get a punch and 'uspet' the thread pattern so it cant come undone..

I got the velcro buckingham titaniums and there well comfy massive padding and the spikes proper dig in

was looking at the carbons but i dont think they are as strong as titanium and the spikes are to soooo light.

both good spikes but not so sure about composites right now.:hmmmm2: