free labour

Gavin

Even early on a wet Tuesday?

yes even early on a wet tuesday :) And no i haven't been drinking...!! i spose i can see your point about charity as its a very valid statement of which i would probably concur...

All i can say is roll on my numbers!! here i come world!!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if i never touched a chainsaw again i wouldnt be sad, there is a big world of adventure out there, i want a slice of it, i think its an insult to others to keep working and not enjoy the othe rworldly pleasures that some never get a chance to if that oppertunity came up, i am not saying money buys you happyness but it certainly helps.. i have done the tree climbing felling lunge pose thing, i have had enough of it, because it isnt swinging about with bon jovi playing in hte back ground, slow turning glances and high fives, its hard, wet, cold work. give me a warm office anyday and a toilet down the corridor and eating my lunch round a table. not eating snadwiches on your lap and taking a pee behind a garage and bursting for a number 2 all day..i want a helicopter on my private island and a rollercoaster to my own personal flume and tank machine gun play area, come on guys have some immagination:biggrin:

Its not that i lack imagination but helicopters, private islands the ability to have whatever i want,,, to be honest there is not much in life i want or need other than what i already have just be nice to have no money worries, if I did win the lottery i'd still pursue my passion just on my terms and along the way do other intresting things and visit intresting places, helicopters, big houses, fancy cars, tank machine gun play areas are very low on my own personal list right now, it could change in the future who knows.

Have you seen the picture in the National Geographic of the big coast Redwood that is inspirational to me i'd love to see those trees and climb them thats just somethig us UK arbies will never see or do here.

5 years , done a ot of big tree work but as you all know they dont come up often enough.

just a adrenalin junky is me

If you want to do big trees they will come Gavin and you don't need to do it for free, i work with plenty of guys who do big trees often and get paid good money to do it you just have to get yourself known, post up some pics that show some of your technique and ability apologies if i've missed them and let everyone know your for hire.

i have a comfortbale life, and a healthy beautiful family, but i love to dream a bit, would i seriously have a personal tank machine gun flume area, of course not but i like to think about it, makes me laugh. As far as climbing huge trees, get onto the american forum, i am sure someone could link you up, jump on a plane for a few hundred quid and job done..each to their own, as long as we all have our dreams then thats all good:thumbup1:

i have a comfortbale life, and a healthy beautiful family, but i love to dream a bit, would i seriously have a personal tank machine gun flume area, of course not but i like to think about it, makes me laugh. As far as climbing huge trees, get onto the american forum, i am sure someone could link you up, jump on a plane for a few hundred quid and job done..each to their own, as long as we all have our dreams then thats all good:thumbup1:

I can be a bit to serious sometimes i know stevie, one day mate i'll get out the to the states and do it one day.

just do it marc, one day usually never happens. why not jump onto master blaster forum and start a thread. ' can you help forfill my dream?'

' hi guys, i would love to climb a west coast redwood, i am a compitant climber and would love the oppertunity to work or play on one of natures greatest achievements, if any of you guys can help me or point me in the right direction i would forever be in your debt, thanks Marc':thumbup1:

I'm all for people who are enthusiastic about taking on a big tree removal, nothing worse than a half-baked attitude to treework.

gavin, the main problem you'll have with this little proposition of yours is that most professional employers will want to see what your capable of before committing you to a large tree removal, especially one that involves valuable targets (house, commercial buildings etc).

Got any videos of you at work on something like a 80-ft Beech dismantle?

How much experience do you have on large trees?

cant find all my pics most downloaded to external hard drive , makes me scratch my head ?

100_2727.jpg.b4e8b2ab36cfb1a857a2cf1f82301331.jpg

23102008070.jpg.f31341baab1fd2cde90d26b748af8ed1.jpg

5976551b96fc2_ddddd180.jpg.f33fa74647af8607899f07e1d847ea87.jpg

5976551b95141_ddddd173.jpg.eaef2af241a1c6cc2205e11d0556fda1.jpg

100_0880.resize.jpg.10a8d03b6ea773a6b53b537fb7a82212.jpg

you are also taking work from subby climbers. I know where you are coming from but not all members run their own company, there are members of the public who just like logs and trees so you are advertising free tree work, doesnt really do any favours for the rest of us.:001_smile:

thats not what im getting at , i wouldnt offer my services to public for free just all you guys , mates freinds call yourselves what you want.

all you subbys i dont want or mean to put you out but sometimes some people dont just do this job for money.

the bigger they are the harder they fall and the harder thet fall the bigger the smile on my face

nowdays im not concerned at size or targets just a bigger chalenge

Stevie, don't put him off! After all not many people on here can manage those really big trees that I've heard of. We might need his help one day. Whatta guy, he must be like so brave and that!

please dont patronise me, i would gladly help any of you