Kat1e

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I used to think the flyagaric was host specific but this year found it on cedar doing amazingly well and no other trees within range, so thats sorted in my head now!

Never take anything told to you for granted till you yourself have seen it and proved it for yourself, thats my motto.

I'm interested in learning more about fungi, don't know much (except some are tasty!) but a couple of threads on here have been really interesting and would like to learn more, going to look out for them next year.

without the gills it is impossible, stipe form and attachment to cap, base of stipe bulbous etc all need to be there to make certain of iD there are just too many little fungi growing in grass to say without the right data

Thanks, took it ages ago, will make sure any I take in future are a bit more useful!

I'm interested in learning more about fungi, don't know much (except some are tasty!) but a couple of threads on here have been really interesting and would like to learn more, going to look out for them next year.

kAT1e, if you are really interested there is another site that has people far more qualified than any of us in here to help you on this mycological journey. It is called Wild about britain or WAB for short, google it.

You will find a section dedicated to fungi there and a few of the guys and girls in there will help you along the way, if you see ditiola, lancashire lad, mr yeates, and a few others these guys are top draw on some of the extreme ends of the subject, if its tiny mr yeates is your man!

Fungi will if you look into it grab you with a force far greater than you could imagine, it is a deep and complex subject that will chalenge you all your life and i hope you do get into it, there are so few of us fungi fanatics about!