Prince Harry Fighting in Afghanistan?

Benji MacNab

I'm not a royalist by any stretch, but i do think him gong was the right thing to do. I also know litle about the armed forces. If he had sat back and let 'his' men go without him the backlash would have been greater. I have respect for him for that. Private, Officer, rich boy, Poor boy, royal we all die the same when shot.

Jamie

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't trade my life as a commoner for William's or Harry's life of "wealth." They lost their mother in a horribly public way. They've lived their lives in a fish bowl. I am so glad the press didn't take photos of every girl I dated. To me, Harry just wants a shot at feeling normal, to be one of the guys. I respect him for that. I am sorry he lost his chance to serve because the media thinks its their duty to fill us in on every scrap of royal gossip.

Whats the problem Benji? Jealous? Big chip on the shoulder? Penis envy?

I reckon he doing a tough job so leave him be.

Can't see you as an officer somehow so maybe you shouldn't be too judgemental of those who have made the grade.

:congrats:

Prince Harry is a rich kid with lazy money. I detest his kind.

Lets just leave it at that.

why start a thread on such a hot topic if you cant take the heat? Fair enough, you can be anti-royal if thats your way, but this lad is showing an exemplary example to youngsters everywhere, and is a credit to his family, and his country. If you take away his heritage, and his money, I think you would still fnd him sitting out there with his mates, doing his job. In fact, my opinion is that he would prefer to just do his job than take all the flak that goes with being a high profile royal.

Whats the problem Benji? Jealous? Big chip on the shoulder? Penis envy?

The problem is Prince Harry has unwittingly become a figured head for a new British Imperialism, the Islamic world both fundamentalist and moderate will see the British Royal Family sending one of their sons to fight against Islam, just as the Royal families did during the crusades.

The Imams and Mullahs will use it as ammunition in their drive to find new recruits. The significance of the symbolism is already making an impact in the Islamic world. Its a backwards step.

Gullible people like you are taken in by the foreign bashing BBC with all their bluster and gusto of how Harry is a British hero and his term in Afghanistan was brought to an end by 'foreign' websites.

Can't see you as an officer somehow

I would fight for my country in any capacity, Scotland that is, not Britain.

Fair enough, you can be anti-royal if thats your way,

I look forward to the day when the Scotland votes to break up the United Kingdom and be an independant nation again. Losing the Royal baggage will be very satisfying. It'll also mean our troops wont be sent to the the frontline of 'British' conflicts as has been the case in almost every war since the Act of Union.

Ahh now we get to the bottom of it!

I suppose you would like an apology aswell for what our ancestors did hundreds of years ago

No, I am not anti English, I love the English I have spent many years working in England from Devon to Northumberland and enjoyed it very much. My issue is with the British Establishment, Royals, Westminster, House of Lords, BBC, Sky, The Daily Telegraph, News of the World etc. These bastions of British Corporate and cultural folly are a festering boil on the face of the British Isles.

I believe England would be a better country after we(Scotland) vote to break up the United Kingdom.

Thank god we still have a wall to keep out the invading hordes :ahhhhh:

Dunno if I'd want people like yourself defending the realm anyway, with such a divisive attitude.

Be very careful my English friend, there is something very pernicious and ugly about an Englishman when it comes to discussing other races. You are teetering on the edge of the precipice of racism. Dont jump in feet first, its too deep and the currents are strong.

I'd like to remind you all it was an Englishman who invented the term, 'Foreign Muck' to describe people not from these shores.