Sequoia pointer

RobRainford

i would assume they are rated the same, as the bridge is attached to them! I hop ethey are anyway.

for two shackles and two quickdraws, what would you say the cost is?

PM Jonsie, I'm sure he'll give you a price, from memory the quickdraws are £4-5 and the shackles about £10 each:001_smile:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PM Jonsie, I'm sure he'll give you a price, from memory the quickdraws are £4-5 and the shackles about £10 each:001_smile:

ive bought a couple of quickdraws, came to 7.50 with postage. A thought i had about it would be that you would have to pick it up to be able to clip in because the quickdraw would hang down no? also, i was looking at a maillon rapide instead because its half the price of a shackle!

the one near the main D that says "do not remove this label"

i have actually never noticed that label. i probably have, but i cant remember it. if it was stiched on then its still there, but i cant remember anything. if it was sticky then it came off a loooonnnggg time ago!

Tom,

I have the treeflex also. the attachment on the bridge to your climbing line... on your pic it is just outta sight. can you let me know what it is?

presently i have a petzl swivel - but it just increase to twist in the climbing system. i am gonna change, but if there is an alternative to putting the original ring back on then maybe it'll be worth a try.:thumbup1:

Ta

its another captive eye crab like the one at the top of the pic, and I've since removed it. That pic was taken just after I got that harness and I thought at the time I'd have two crabs on there. I hardly ever use the one let alone 2 so i took it off. I normally clip into the ring and use the crab when climbing on a sling to extend the bridge for ascending.

I was thinking of trying a swivel, I take it you dont like it?

tom,

i added the swivel to try and counteract the twist in the system when climbing on a VT. The swivel just magnified the situation, especially when using a ropeguide or similar friction saving device.

I got some advice from a guy on the tree house, who suggested having the first braid going under from the top of the raps. understand? this works a bit but when a rope is naturally crotched the friction helps to remove some of the memory in the rope in the same way a pulling/removing the rope from the other end at the end of the day. This is removed when using friction saving system...

so in answer, no i don't like the swivel... it was tried to fix something and it just made it worse.

The gold rings are rated the same as the main D's.

It says so on the label stitched to the harness, you know, the one near the main D that says "do not remove this label":sneaky2:

Here you go, took some pics of mine, but sounds like some of these harnesses dont have the lablel. Note the EN numbers are the same on side Ds as the gold rings;

Image0059.jpg

Image0062.jpg

Note the do not remove!!!

Image0060.jpg

ahh, that label. i do still have that on. I was just messing with my ropes and stuff (hanging off the bannister!!) and i saw the label but didnt acknowledge it. At least i know which one!

i came to a conclusion that my bannister is strong enough to hold a person, even though my dad thinks different!

I was thinking of trying a swivel

i have one, i have a metal ring also, depending how im climbing at the time. I switch between the two, ive usually climbed on a blakes but im dabbling with the VT a bit, the only thing annoying me is how temperamental it is, even just hanging around in the hall it was strugling to bite, and when it did, i moved up and the next time it was loose again.

anybody combined a swivel with a backpack blower? id love to see that.

Edited by RobRainford